New Indiana Jones 920 Issues

ScubaMichael

I downloaed the new 920 file and tried to run under my VPinball and I am getting these errors...... BTW, I also deleted and redownloaded just to make sure I didnt get a bad download.

Im getting a VPinMame error...

Cant load VPinMame...active X controller cant creat object

Then   -  VPinMAME Ver 01000000 required

Then - WPC.VBS ver 2 or higher required.

Then - Line 76  Object required: 'Controller

Then Line 275  Object required: 'Controller

Any help out there??

Open the table in the editor, and click on the script button on the left to open the script editor. Near the top, you will find a line that includes 'b2s.server', and a line below it that is commented out (has an apostrophe at the beginning of the line) that includes 'vpinmame.controller'...

Comment out the line (put an apostrophe at the beginning of the line) with 'b2s.server' and uncomment (remove the apostrophe) on the line with 'vpinmame.controller'.

ScubaMichael, looking at some of your other posts, you have a 2nd monitor for a backglass.  You should consider installing the B2S Server and get the DirectB2S backglasses that go along with the tables that you are downloading.     Almost all tables have a corresponding ".directb2s" file available for download that provides an animated / illuminated backglass that rounds out the whole experience.     DirectB2s is the current "standard" for an active backglass, and some games pretty much require it if you want to see the scores or special game features.

I think the B2S server supports using the hyperpin database to match up the B2S name with the table name, but I always just rename the .directb2s file to match.  So for Indiana Jones, I have 

IndianaJones_FS.vpt

IndianaJones_FS.directb2s

• Content Provider

Just my 2 cents. I've heard Hyperpin doesn't like spaces. Pinball X, and Direct B2s doesn't mind spaces.

My cab has "Indiana Jones". So long as the Direct B2s is named "Indiana Jones", it should be ok.

Yeah, I am looking into it.....I'm still kinda new to this. Slow and steady wins the race LOL

Indeed, just wanted to nudge you towards setting up B2S before you had a big collection of tables, so you don't have to backtrack too much.    Work smarter, not harder.  :)

I just started really getting into running HyperPin and setting everything up. Now after reading this post I do have another LCD packed away in the closet that I could be using for this Direct B2s stuff everyone's talking about.

A really good tutorial or guide from an expert would be very much appreciated.

Directb2s us really easy. Get the backl glass server which should be in the essential files area. Install it to the VP folder. Read the directions that come with the download. Download the db2s back glasses. Extract them and name the directb2s the same name as the table. Ie. Funhouse.vpt and Funhouse.directb2s. The db2s goes into the table folder. With most db2s downloads is a read me.txt which covers what line in the script gets removed and gives you the correct line to replace it with. Easy Peezy. You will love them

So you guys got me talked into installing all this b2S stuff. I already installed all the b2s stuff. Now my big issue is that the B2s is on the wrong screen. It is on the screen where my DMD is normally.....I run a 3 screen setup.

Anyone care to comment or help

"Another fine mess you got us into!"  LOL

I don't know how it works for most people, but when I set my system up a few weeks ago I had the same issue.  What I ended up doing was setting the x position of the backglass to be a negative value equal to the horizontal resolution of my backglass monitor.  That did the trick for me.

So you guys got me talked into installing all this b2S stuff. I already installed all the b2s stuff. Now my big issue is that the B2s is on the wrong screen. It is on the screen where my DMD is normally.....I run a 3 screen setup.

Anyone care to comment or help

"Another fine mess you got us into!"  LOL

:)    There's a ScreenRes.txt file that contains the locations of your screens.   There's a little utility that makes editing the file a bit clearer.

http://www.vpforums.org/index.php?showtopic=18020

The display number can be tricky.  The numbers aren't always what you'd expect when you have multiple video adapters (it might go 1,3,4 because you don't have a 2nd display on your primary adapter).  Just experiment with it until the backglass goes in the right place. 

In the Windows monitor arrangement, my three displays are arranged left-to-right (Playfield, Backglass, DMD).    It's important to know the Windows display arrangement so you can set the DMD area ("LED display") values properly.     Here's a thread that covers how the DMD area is specified:

http://www.vpforums.org/index.php?showtopic=19589

The good news is once you get this right, you don't have to mess with it again.  :)

To confirm the DMD area, use something like Piggei's F-14 tomcat B2S, which has a nice LED display that replaces the ugly MAME one.

Archived