Mods From Fs Cabinet, Ws Desktop, To Complete Rotated Desktop View

• Content Provider

I've been playing with some tables and converting them to a single screen rotated view with an active backglass all run from VP and VPM. Say that 10 times fast. :)

Anyway, without having a good name for these, I'm going to call them CRDVs. I have a dropbox folder with screenshots of the 30 tables I have converted.

Here is the link.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/zq934of9urna8l8/ngJaCP9JgA

Let me know what you guys think about them.

I love the depth that a desktop view gives on these tables.

I'll throw one table in here for you to see directly.

post-8-0-42913400-1388404678_thumb.png

• Content Provider

Well done Rascal.  gent.gif

These mods are great.  I like how Fish Tales has the topper as well.

Thanks guys, and the fish's tail moves too. In Diner the bobble head people in the windows bobble with nudge and other things like bumpers, the clock works too. Rocky and Bullwinkle has the magic hat trick in the backglass, Elvira has the spinning spider, etc...

And blinking and flashing lights! I tried to find a good image of every backbox too, so they match the real thing.

EDIT:Lets hear some names for this type of view! Also, yes these are mods and I got some permission and some not as of yet. I basically just did the ones suggested to me and the ones I wanted to do myself. I don't want to step on anybody's toes with this. We discussed a simple patch system (me, dazz, and others). The modded table would not be distributed, instead a patch file would be distributed and you would still have to give credit to the original author by downloading their table. You would be running the patch yourself on the original and it then creates a new table file with the changes. I hope I explained this ok, maybe Dazz can cover anything that I may have left out. I know this sounds like a lot of work, but there is a readme file and it's really just a double click procedure.

It really all depends on if there is enough interest in this. Also if you are one of the authors of these fine tables, and would like to check out the patches, let me know in a PM. I would love your opinion and blessing.

• Administrators

Actually, the patch system is going to be even easier than Rascal describes above. I have asked a very competent developer to create a GUI that will make creating the patch and applying the patch very simple.

• Content Provider

I like the patch thing ! Any chance of trying one of your creations which you got permission to mod ? 

Tamoore did a fine job on Diner and gave me permission to share my mod of it. Here is the patch, read the readme and get the right original table. Thanks Todd for permission.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/pgk2pz99i01yoww/Diner_WSsingle.zip

Contents of the readme.txt

1. Extract this package to a new directory.

2. Download table at the following link and extract from zip file into the directory.

http://www.vpforums.org/index.php?app=downloads&showfile=6434

3. Run jptch.bat <--- notice this says .bat, not .exe

4. You should now have a new table called Diner_WSsingle.vpt

What could be easier?

I like the patch thing ! Any chance of trying one of your creations which you got permission to mod ?

Tamoore did a fine job on Diner and gave me permission to share my mod of it. Here is the patch, read the readme and get the right original table. Thanks Todd for permission.

2. Download table at the following link and extract from zip file into the directory.http://www.vpforums.org/index.php?app=downloads&showfile=6434

• Content Provider

2. Download table at the following link and extract from zip file into the directory.http://www.vpforums.org/index.php?app=downloads&showfile=6434

Huh?

Sorry, wanted to say works great ! Would be cool if you could do this with 2 monitors like fs + db2s. And the fulls screen playfield gets more depth. I played around with cams in pinball unit 3d and its much more depth even if you loose 1/3 of the width on top.

Sorry, wanted to say works great ! Would be cool if you could do this with 2 monitors like fs + db2s. And the fulls screen playfield gets more depth. I played around with cams in pinball unit 3d and its much more depth even if you loose 1/3 of the width on top.

You can do this with 2 monitors!  Just start rearranging the viewing angle of all the presently released FS tables with B2S support until you find something you like.

What Rascal is working on is really a vertical desktop view, for people who have simpler setups with only single monitors.

:)

I seem to be having a problem getting the Diner_WS_ B2S to convert to Diner_ WSsingle.vpt I followed the directions but when I run the bat file a black screen comes up and says

C:\Program Files (x86)\visual pinball experiment\jptch "Diner_WS_B2S.vpt" "Diner_ WSsingle.dif" "Diner_WSsingle.vpt

Followed by

C:\Program Files (x86)\visual pinball experiment> pause

Press any key to continue....

Well when I do this the screen goes off and I get no conversion. Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

Never mind I fixed it. I got my laptop to convert it and just transferred the produced vpt file over. Yeah this is cool. I'm looking forward to see what else you can produce. That's one thing the cabinet b2s is missing. Like the rotating beacons on F-14 or the talking gophers on teed off. This will be interesting to say the least.

Cool idea.  I think "Vertical Desktop" makes the most sense to describe these tables, but that has an unfortuante acronym.   "Full Desktop" doesn't make much sense to me as these are no more "full" than a typical 4:3 desktop table, they're just arranged differently for a veritcal 16:9  format.    Maybe Vertical Wide Screen Desktop? (VWSD)?

• Content Provider

I like the look of these views as well.  I think it might save a lot of work if we could simply fit a dB2S overlay onto the backglass of this view of one of these tables (same screen).  The general screen sizing options should mostly facilitate it, however, we would need to be able to rotate the dB2S, which we can't do currenlty.  Adding also a keystone adjustment may be the ultimate item and I suppose the necessary per table screenres settings (admittedly don't know if that last one is already possible).

Looking forward to seeing what else comes out of this format and thanks Rascal for sharing this with us.

• Content Provider

Thanks for the kind words and naming suggestions. Not mentioned in this thread, but brought up in chat was Full Table Perspective (FTP) or Full Machine Perspective (FMP).

I personally like FTP. I have like 36 of these tables converted now. I was holding off on showing my simple cabinet view, because I was hoping to build the first one, but I doubt I'll ever find the time to get one done, so here are the tables again in a cabinet view.

Start with Diner.

1389232164.png

Here are the rest.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/eam8sb2o1m665xb/01rSxVfoIu

Archived