Help! I Need Help Installing A Table

ScubaMichael

Ok, So I am trying to install a table Iron man to my pinball.....

I put the ROM file in my roms....renamed it im2_160 like it says on the game script......

Then when i try to start the table under Visual Pinball 

I get the

Line 41 

Game name not found.

So I made sure it says im2_160.....     Still not working 

What the hell am I doing wrong? 

I had a friend of mine help me instal this on my computer who was a wiz at this but I have no clue and there is no just straight tutorial on how to add these tables..... Im ready to slit my wrists, I was up till 3AM last night and then my 16 month old woke me at 730am.....so its been a fun day....and I am back at it......Could really use a hand before I cut mine off!!

THANKS!!!

• Content Provider
The rom zipfile should be im2_160.zip  located in the folder C:\Visual Pinball\VPinMame\roms

Did you install everything below:

1)......I already have visual pinball and am running 214 tables.....

2) I downloaded the SAM elements and added them to my visual pinball tables area

3) I have download the latest ROM and renamed it im2_160.zip and put it in my Rom folder.....

So what am I missing?

• Content Provider

For "Game name not found" check the name on the right side of the editor, does it match the name in the script?

Now that I think of it change the name to the table name. I never had to change anything on Iron Man.

• Content Provider

If it doesn't show in the list in the test, then you don't have the SAM vpinmame.dll installed correctly. SAM vpinmame.dll does not go in the table folder, it goes in the main folder of your vpinmame install. The folder where you run Setup.exe to do the tests. You will be overwriting the existing vpinmame.dll unless you rename the original.

• Content Provider
How to install SAM enabled vPinMame

- download VPinMAME_3490_SAM_1.2.rar  (or newer)

- extract vPinMame.dll to the vPinMame folder (usually C:\Visual Pinball\VPinMame)

- go to vPinMame folder, right click vPinMame.dll, select Properties, in the General tab, if you see Unblock button, click on Unblock, click on OK

- from vPinMame folder, run setup.exe.  click on Install, then Yes, then OK then close program

- download sam_VBS.rar 

- extract sam.vbs to the Table folder (usually C:\Visual Pinball\Tables)

I am not at my pincab but this should do it.  Obviously you need the table vpt file and the rom zipfile renamed properly as described in step 3 in my previous post.

Archived