Lwclone On Arduino Mega 2560

cyclemat

Question

Here comes the LWClone on Arduino MEGA 2560

How to Compile

Windows Prerequisites

On Windows, you will need a copy of the latest Atmel Toolchain, either downloaded 
and installed as a standalone package, or installed as part of Atmel Studio. 
You will need to ensure that the "bin" directory of the toolchain is available 
in your system's PATH environment variable.

In addition, you will need to install a ported version of the ZSH or BASH *nix shells, 
and a standard set of *nix utilities such as cut, find and sed. 
These can be found in the "basic" system package of the of the MinGW installer (http://www.mingw.org). 
Once installed, add the "msys\1.0\bin" of the MinGW installation folder is added 
to your system's PATH environment variable.

The bootloaders currently also require the "bc" application, 
which can be installed from http://gnuwin32.sourceforge.net/downlinks/bc.php. 
Once installed add the "GnuWin32\bin" path of the GnuWin32 installation folder 
to your system's PATH environment variable.

Linux Prerequisites

On Linux systems you will need to install the latest Linux distribution 
of the standalone Atmel Toolchain from the Atmel website for general development, 
or use the latest avr-libc and avr-gcc packages for your chosen distribution's package 
manager. For full device support, the Atmel standalone package is recommended.

How 2 Flash

Connect your Arduino to USB and look witch comport it has
Start Flash Main Chip Arduino Mega to LW.bat
enter your Comport e.g com2 or com32 what ever
Remove USB
Connect your USBASP to the ISP header behind the USB port
Start Flash 8u2 - 16u2 Arduino Mega - with USBASP Dongle to LW.bat
Connect The USB port wait for reorgination the Device 
Start Change ArduLW ID.bat
Enter your LEDWIZ ID e.g. 1 or 2 up to 16
That is it test it with Visualpinball an Pinmame/DOF

have make New packages 23.01.2016

https://mega.nz/#F!bdZHVaxK!3WmePgTED-3xQp8oj-ZfOA

one package with inverted LED ports so that High ist normal and low is on ( for the Relaisboards from ebay)

For Boards that say it gives problems with The STK500 Timeout Error Here ist a Short way to fix it !?!?

1. Connect the USBASP to the ISP connector behind the USB Port.

2.Start the  "0. Flash 8u2 - 16u2 Arduino Mega - with USBASP Dongle to Arduino.bat"

3. Connect the USBASP to the Second ISP port

4. Start the "Flash m2560 Unlock fuses, erase, verify - with USBASP Dongle.bat"

5. Start the "Flash m2560 Write the bootloader, set the lock fuse, verify  - with USBASP Dongle.bat"

Now you can flash it normaly

when the flash with the USB ASP didnt work test to bridge the GND point on the 10->6 Pole Converter

FOR HELP PLEASE POST YOUR PINMAP.H AS CODE AND WHEN YOU HAVE COMPILING PROBLEMS POST YOUR OUTPUT AS CODE SO I CAN BETTER

HELP

So have make a little Video tutorial don`t say anything about my english have do my best.

@sneaksneak If you don't connect an accelerometer (MMA8451) on SDA and SCL ports (20 et 21), the Arduino is still waiting for the connection with the chip and it can't react with buttons ou ledwiz commands. 

@vinw : Yes ! solenoid are more risky than contactors but you have to hold a long time (I didn't try more longer than 1 minute ), I prefer using contactors for flippers, safer ! 

Big Thx for sharing this :)

I was trying myself to find a way how to connect my mega to DOF but it´s a way to hard for me with my very limited coding skills so i really appreciate this one.

I downloaded the first Version from earlier today and managed to get it on my ardu and it seems to work fine.

So now i downloaded the new Version and try it later or is there no diff between the hex files and only an install bat + arduino soft added ? 

Another question is are you planning to release the source so that we can create the hex ourself´s and have the possibility to change the ID and the Portmapping ?

thanks for your great work and keep the balls rollin :)

it the same as the first release i have make it easyier to flash the file with the batch file.

Next Step

we want to add a controller interface to the rest of the Digital pins and we would to create a firmware that can handle all ports for WS2801 chip leds and i would create an driver board ! 

it the same as the first release i have make it easyier to flash the file with the batch file.

Next Step

we want to add a controller interface to the rest of the Digital pins and we would to create a firmware that can handle all ports for WS2801 chip leds and i would create an driver board ! 

ah nice to know so forget my question for the source ^^ when you planning to use the rest of the IO Pins i don´t have to remap the given ones i only have to solder my wiring a bit as i´m using other ports before. 

Also nice to see that you included a softpwm so that pwm control not only could used on the real pwm ports. 

Hope my China Order will arrive soon so that i can build the rest (currently it´s all on a breadboard ^^) and really looking forward to upcoming releases of your Code.

thanks again and keep your great work up :)