Pinballx And Dof - Undercab Led Strip Not Always Turned Off

punter1

Just got LEDwiz and DOF working this weekend.  I am switching to PinballX due to Hyperpin being unresponsive when first launched ( Win7 x64). I notice that some of my tables leave the the undercab LED strip lit after exiting the table and returning to PinballX.  If I launch a new table, DOF works fine.  

One example that seems to always leave the LED strip lit is "Attack_From_Mars_NIGHT MOD_VP916_v3.0_FS_3-WAY-GI_BMPR_FD-Routine.vpt"  I thought DOF takes care of shutting down the LEDwiz outputs.  Anyone else getting this?

edit:  I do have the exit routine added

Sub Table1_Exit  '  in some tables this needs to be Table1_Exit
    Controller.Stop
End Sub

• Content Provider

HI

DOF should normaly turn off all outputs when it exists. However, if DOF does not exit normaly the outputs can not be turned off by DOF. This can happen, if VP crashes when the table exits. I have this sometimes, when I use one of the newer (VP916 and so on) releases of VP.

To verify, what happens for you, enable the logfile for DOF and check the log after a table exit when the outsputs have not been turned off. If DOF quits as it should, you should see a bunch of log entries about shuting down the threads of DOF and finaly a message saying "Bye and thanks for using". If these entries are not present, something unexpected has happen duringing the exit.

Regards

Tom

Thanks Swisslizard.  VP 92 rev 740 was consistently crashing on me causing LEDs to stay lit.  This happened even when testing tables using VP by itself.  

Switching to rev 743, no crashes on 2 tables that were failing before and all the cabinet lighting turns off as expected.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived