King Kong - Data East - 1990 - Wip

Dazz

I love it!

Never thought I'd get the opportunity to try this one. What a nice surprise to see this, was reading the forum outside on the porch swing when I seen the release I dropped everything and went in the house to download it to the cabinet.

This is a big day!

Thanks very much gtxjoe!

• 2 years later...
  • Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 2/19/2015 at 3:13 PM, gtxjoe said:

I am slowly working on this in VP10.  Physmod version of it was started but it was not working well due to the steep ramps and the hardcoded friction values for the ramps in the Physmod exe

Someday... it will see the light of day :)

I'm working on a King Kong - Visual Pinball Physmod5 recreation table myself.  I started by testing the King Kong rom on Back To The Future, and started building it from there.  Surprisingly, I got the steep ramp to work by setting elasticity to zero (0) and the flippers to roughly 8,500 to 10,000 depending on gravity constant.  All ramps I set to zero (0) for elasticity to make it easier.

The reason why I'm doing this is because I tried running VPX on my fastest computer which is a Pentium T4400 at 2.2 ghz with 3 gigs of ram and integrated graphics, and it ran choppy even when I turned it to the lowest setting.  I'm only able to go up to Physmod5 at the maximum  with graphics adjusted to the lowest settings.

• Content Provider

Ah, makes sense. At some point it would be good to upgrade your hardware. It's money, I know. But my five year old PC setup can run VPX smoothly at 1080p, and the components were not exactly state of the art five years ago, either. Hardware requirements are very modest. Good luck, though.

On 11/10/2018 at 6:14 PM, CarnyPriest said:

Ah, makes sense. At some point it would be good to upgrade your hardware. It's money, I know. But my five year old PC setup can run VPX smoothly at 1080p, and the components were not exactly state of the art five years ago, either. Hardware requirements are very modest. Good luck, though.

Thank you :)

Archived