King Kong - Data East - 1990 - Wip

Dazz

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrators

Hopefully P1 didn't do much more work since his last... I learned how to do some of the playfield insert lights.  Even though you can't see them I added the TOWER lights have been added.  I'm testing out the new default VP plunger, added the street sign, gates and some other minor things. I think I'm learning more each day that I work on this.  I think I have basic build skills, but lack graphical and scripting skills.

post-2-0-74688000-1384959004_thumb.png

• Administrators

Did a couple minor things...  Started the left ramp. It seems to work OK, but looks like crap.  I think P1 is gonna have to do the ramps on this one as I think they are a bit out of my league. 

* Added Gorillia Cage shot

* Raised upper pf/posts

* Added Skull Island plastic

* Added more light inserts

post-2-0-11711000-1385410775_thumb.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators

I'm still working on this game as I can....  Getting to the point where my lack of building skills are really starting to show.  I added the left ramp and missile launch platform.  This was done using just VP ramps and walls. It definitely needs some kind of textures that will make it look better. Right now it just looks like a black blob. Also added the backdrop and ramp decal, but not sure if I did either of them the right way.  

post-2-0-06094900-1386447960_thumb.png

• 3 weeks later...
  • Administrators

Ok, so I'm pretty much at a stand still on this build.  I'm not a coder, so my coding skills are very limited.  I'm not very well with graphics so I can't continue with GI or anything else.  If any of our experienced builders is interested in helping me out with this build... Please let me know!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

By the way if you want to fool around with this load up JPs Back_to_the_Future_VP911_v1.0FS.vpt

and change the rom to the kong rom and just about everything works - locks, multiball, extra ball, etc. Really fun.

It would probably give you good inspiration for your build.

That is becocuse King kong became Back to the Future

• 4 weeks later...

Ok, so I'm pretty much at a stand still on this build.  I'm not a coder, so my coding skills are very limited.  I'm not very well with graphics so I can't continue with GI or anything else.  If any of our experienced builders is interested in helping me out with this build... Please let me know!

More than happy to offer help on the GI if needed?

• 4 weeks later...
  • Administrators

Ok everyone, GTXJoe has pretty much got this table coded and playable.  Unfortunately, we decided to go with the VUK version of the table instead of the triple ramp version.  The VUK was much easier to build than the upper ramp version.  Now that we've got the table to this point... I REALLY need someone that is good with all lighting aspects of VP.  Inserts, Flashers, GI, etc.

I am also going to be looking for someone to handle physics once we have lighting completed.  If anyone is serious about helping and get this table out in the near future, please shoot me a PM.

Thanks,

Dazz

Archived