Pacdrive Support

• 2 weeks later...
  • Content Provider

Pacled64 is already supported bhe current public release.

PacDrive will be supported with the next release (whenever this will be). The PacDrive is really a rather limited device: Just on and off. On downside of the Pacled is that its outputs are by default turned on after it gets connected to the USB port. I've once read (dont remember where) that it is possible to order a PacDrive from Ultimarc which has the outputs by default turned off. Check this with Ultimarc if you want to use a PacDrive.

@Joinnavy:

I'm in the middle of putting the things together and testing. As soon as I have a reasonable stable version I will send you a copy for testing.

• 2 months later...

Just wondering on the status of testing for the PacDrive, particularly the 16 output version.  I'd like to offload some of the low voltage applications, like controlling cabinet lights, from my LEDWiz to free up a few outputs for bigger toys like a fan since I'll have Zeb's SMT Booster board/LEDWiz combo which can handle bigger loads.

I did see at the ultramarc site that you can order with the Special option to leave all outputs in the OFF state at power on.

• Content Provider

Hi, I'm sorry that is is taking longer than expected. At the moment I'm quite busy with some real life projects (still got to pay the bills somehow ;) ) and for this reason I can only put limited time into DOF right now.

All the best

Tom

• Content Provider

Guys, dont be overexited about the PacDrive support. Just keep in mind that the PacDrive does have a few downsides: Outputs are only on and off (no pwm) and all outputs are turned on when the PacDrive is powered up. This means that everything which is connected to the PacDrive is turned on until DOF or somthing else which can control the PacDrive unit is becomming active for the first time.

• 2 years later...

I've added a pacdrive to unload my ledwiz. Added the Pacdrive to my account settings (Dof config tool_ and did the port assignment for the button leds. Saved and donwloaded the 2 ini files. But only my ledwiz is working fine. No Led action on buttons. Pacdrive is working fine with simple led test.

Since i'm new to this and verry happy being able to get all the toys working, i'm now pulling my hair out why the leds don't start blinking.

Thanks if someboby can help me with this issue i have.

Peter
NL

Archived