Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
jpsalas

Scarface Dof (Jpsalas)(2013)(Arngrim Mod)(1.0)(Fs)(Vp9.15)

index.php?app=downloads&module=display&section=screenshot&id=2520

File Name: Scarface DOF (JPSalas)(2013)(Arngrim mod)(1.0)(FS)(vp9.15)

File Submitter: jpsalas

File Submitted: 03 Nov 2013

File Category: Original Creations

Permission to Mod: Contact Author First.

VP Version: v9.15

Here is the DOF version of Scarface!

The requirements to run it:

A cabinet, a ledwiz

DOF software installed

http://vpuniverse.com/index.php/index.html/_/articles/vparticles/direct-output-articles/directoutput-framework-announcement-r32

The ledwiz configuration is available here

http://vpuniverse.com/ledwiz/login.php

once you configured your account to use DOF instead of Legacy ledcontrol, on your account tab of configtool, retrieve the ini files and enjoy it ;)

Click here to download this file

Just my two cents:

I think it's unfair to be accepting donations being the file submitter off of the work of jpsalas & hassanchop.

Don't underestimate my work, i'm not a table builder but i worked one week to do this mod.

I got the approval to release it, here, nobody donated me for this, but i received donations in the past for other work that i provided like vpinmame builds or my ledwiz configurations, so i'll not remove my donate option

This is not only for table builders, ask wildman :), when you donate you even don't need to specify what for you are donating, i received donations in the past, and i just guess from which work it comes from :)

I'm not underestimating your work...

I just think the donation feature is flawed and should be on a per table basis or per project basis. As you know and prob. have seen a few tables I've worked on.. It would be unfair to the group I worked with to except donations being the one that uploaded (insert project here) and left the others in the group to get nothing...

Simply put I think it's wrong and classless to except something from other people's hard work!!

It would be unfair to the group I worked with to except donations being the one that uploaded (insert project here) and left the others in the group to get nothing...

I don't want to get too far into this, but I do see this point. But, he has done much more than this table too. So it's not as if he put this up just for donations. My 2 cents (now I'm broke).

Attention people that are giving Arngrim money. Please only donate for the DOF modifications he has made.

All fixed. We can now go back to enjoying pinball.

Well, when you mention jp and hassanchop so you take me as an example, i didn't like it..

Everybody knows this table, it has been released months ago, it is not a new table.

Whatever, no worries ;)

If at least someone could tell that the table is working fine for him, because since i released it i just receive error messages that i can't replicate, or this kind of message

And i really appreciate your thanks deegor, just that i know you don't have a ledwiz now so you can't test it :D

Attention people that are giving Arngrim money. Please only donate for the DOF modifications he has made.

All fixed. We can now go back to enjoying pinball.

I know your an admin here DeeGor or have admin rights etc. and I noticed you don't have the donation.. We have spoke a few times in chat, I know your a smart guy and I know you can see the point I'm trying to get across here.. Don't deflect the situation by saying only donate for the DOF modifications..

How about this if you ever finish big hurt, I'll mod the table then activate the donation in my sign and release all your hard work with only a few changes in my mod.. I'm sure you wouldn't be too happy about it, me making money from all your hard work.. Even if it is as little as a dollar.

Like I said the donation system is flawed and should be fixed on a per table basis or per project. Take it for what it is but that's how I feel about it.. I'm sure others would feel the same way if they spent 1000's of hours creating something for someone else to profit from, its just wrong in my opinion and the donate feature should be re visited and fixed..

I'm actually not an admin.  I just hang out here way too much. ;)

I see where you're coming from, and I doubt you're bringing it up because you think Arngrim is rolling in the cash over this table mod.  It's just a matter of principle.  I get that.

The reality is Arngrim has put in countless hours creating and perfecting the force feedback settings for nearly every table out there.  My inbox goes nuts with all the submissions he makes on a daily basis, and he really has become an artist at what he does.  It's a great thing that he's willing to share his configurations with us much like it is a great thing that you choose to share your tables as well.  That's what pushes the hobby forward and makes it so we have these bad ass rigs that we can have a ton of fun with and brag to our friends about.

One of the things that people have been talking about for a long time is some sort of mechanism for people to show their appreciation to the people who put all their time and energy into this hobby.  The Beer Money donation link was a way for people to do that.  There is no monetary requirement for downloading anything here unlike over at VPF where Paul rakes in tons of cash in memberships off YOUR hard work.  If anything, I think you should redirect your anger there.

I think the table description should be changed to clearly indicate it is a mod and that the original authors should get the credit for the table portion, and if people want to donate to those people, they should be allowed to.  Just as they should be able to donate to Arngrim for his work on the DOF configuration.  I don't get why the whole thing should be altered or abolished.  If JP has a huge issue with it, then this table will probably be taken down.

It's weird how this community gets so fussy over ownership and the possibility of someone else getting credit when they themselves are utilizing someone else's work.  I'm in the camp of, lets all work together so we can all have the best of everything.  Hell, I don't even have a cab anymore and I wrote the Ledwiz Configtool.  I say, screw all the egos.  Let's play some pinball.

BTW, the original table authors were Rascal and Hassanchop.  Both of those guys did a lot of work before JP took over.  People should donate to Rascal, as he has done a TON of stuff pushing the hobby forward.  A lot of the code authors use in their tables originated from him,.  Plus he's a cool guy, even if he does ride a banana yellow moped.

arngrim, I apologize we have taken up so much of your mod release. It's not my intention to deflect from or take away anything you have contributed.

Your right DeeGor It's the "principal"... I feel the donation system here is flawed as I've stated it should be on a per table basis or project.. Again, arngrim, I apologize my strong opinion came out in your thread. I guess if it keeps bothering me I'll start a new topic in the VPU General Discussion section.. Normally I'm a really laid back guy and hate drama, but I feel the way the donation is set up is just plain wrong and should be fixed..

I am currently enjoying this DOF-ified Scarface table.  So thanks again for all the work Arngrim!

glad to know if it is working for somebody, thanks Wowter :)

ipcjuggla, i don't wanna mess withou you or anybody, for example, I worked on every table that you released, and modified script on some of them like Embryon, or Safe Cracker, i provided the changes to Herweh and he has incorporated them in his releases, i have no intention to release these tables myself here.

I worked so hard with SwissLizard for this DOF, test every alpha release, try to find bugs, suggests and improve the functionalties, worked on 160+ tables to have a strong experience with it, and have as much as tables using it for the production release.

Scarface and Wooly for DOF are the most difficult tables that i have ever made, and they are perfect example to show what is capable to do with DOF for original tables.

I got the approval for Scarface and for Wooly, I got the approval to post it to vpf and to wait 1 week before posting it here, I respect the deals of the authors

I accept your apology but Dazz, please give me a favor and if you can split this topic, keep only the #1, #2, #14 and #15 here and having another topic for the donation issue, i would appreciate ;)

• Upvote 1

Nowhere did I hear Rascal's contrabution to this table. So you all can go suck an egg. LOL!

Opps, I guess ya did DeeGor, thanks.

Memories, of the way things used to be.

1383567508.jpg

Please excuse my ignorance here.  I'm not able to get scarface to work.  I'm pretty confused.

We don't use ledwiztoolbox anymore.  Why is it used in the script?  I get a null error for this line (77).

If I comment out the ledwiztoolbox line (77), then the error says ledwactive is undefined.  This is regardless of ledwactive=0 or ledwizactive=1 on line 89.

I have the the most current DOF and B2S.server files working with other tables.

Also, are we supposed to use a directB2S file? Which one?  Should it be the same name as the table or should it just be named "scarface" like the script references on line 131?

Like I said, sorry for my ignorance here.

Please help me out.

Thanks

Please note... The uploader of this table has been changed to JP.  If JP chooses, he too can enable his "beer fund" on his account.  I don't care what your beef is with allowing people to accept donations for their time.  It's here to stay as many more people enjoy it than those bitching about it.  I'm sorry, but if you don't like it then don't donate or don't enable your account for accepting donations... Go back to VPF where you'll get nothing.

As DeeGor stated above... VPF is subscription based and Noah makes a very nice profit off of his community, whereas I've not made a single dime. Every single donation that I've received for this site has gone directly into the site.  The table authors on VPF get NOTHING for helping VPF pad the sells of VirtualPin cabs. 

• Upvote 1

arngrim, I apologize we have taken up so much of your mod release. It's not my intention to deflect from or take away anything you have contributed.

Your right DeeGor It's the "principal"... I feel the donation system here is flawed as I've stated it should be on a per table basis or project.. Again, arngrim, I apologize my strong opinion came out in your thread. I guess if it keeps bothering me I'll start a new topic in the VPU General Discussion section.. Normally I'm a really laid back guy and hate drama, but I feel the way the donation is set up is just plain wrong and should be fixed..

wow you pissed cause you didnt get a $1 beer for your work?  1 its for content providers..which you are..2 its not flawed.. its not based on any table or 1 file you put out..its based on..hey you did alot of work or a great job or i just like you 

let me buy you a beer..for real some guys do more then others it just sayin thanks for your effort..shit now you owe me a beer ICPjuggla..you cant base it on a table by table  then your sellin it

like deegor said ///// There is no monetary requirement for downloading anything here unlike over at VPF where Paul rakes in tons of cash in memberships off YOUR hard work.  If anything, I think you should redirect your anger there//////

its just sayin thanks man...if 5 guys worked on a table and you feel guilty cause somebody bought you a beer and not the rest of the guys thats your problem..you should of bought the beer to begin with  :D

just chill out lot of guys still just do it for fun and I 1 of them..Im not doing it for money lol i do for fun you want to beer me cool if not cool who fuckin cares..... :rolleyes:

Please note... The uploader of this table has been changed to JP.  If JP chooses, he too can enable his "beer fund" on his account.  I don't care what your beef is with allowing people to accept donations for their time.  It's here to stay as many more people enjoy it than those bitching about it.  I'm sorry, but if you don't like it then don't donate or don't enable your account for accepting donations... Go back to VPF where you'll get nothing.

As DeeGor stated above... VPF is subscription based and Noah makes a very nice profit off of his community, whereas I've not made a single dime. Every single donation that I've received for this site has gone directly into the site.  The table authors on VPF get NOTHING for helping VPF pad the sells of VirtualPin cabs.

For the record this has nothing to do with VPF... As a matter of fact, it's all you guys that keep bringing VPF up.. Not me..

I guess you guys don't get my point.. Being a table builder and contributer to the VP community spending counless hours working on tables, I thought I would receive a little respect and be able to voice my opinion. To put it simple, the way the donation is set up looks bad for your sight Dazz, but I guess you don't see it that way! I have no problem with the donations, actually I think it's a nice thing to give back to the few authors that are out there.. I just think the way it's set up is totally wrong.. It's my opinion take it for what it is. I know I'm not alone thinking this way!.

wow you pissed cause you didnt get a $1 beer for your work?  1 its for content providers..which you are..2 its not flawed.. its not based on any table or 1 file you put out..its based on..hey you did alot of work or a great job or i just like you 

let me buy you a beer..for real some guys do more then others it just sayin thanks for your effort..shit now you owe me a beer ICPjuggla..you cant base it on a table by table  then your sellin it

like deegor said ///// There is no monetary requirement for downloading anything here unlike over at VPF where Paul rakes in tons of cash in memberships off YOUR hard work.  If anything, I think you should redirect your anger there//////

its just sayin thanks man...if 5 guys worked on a table and you feel guilty cause somebody bought you a beer and not the rest of the guys thats your problem..you should of bought the beer to begin with  :D

just chill out lot of guys still just do it for fun and I 1 of them..Im not doing it for money lol i do for fun you want to beer me cool if not cool who fuckin cares..... :rolleyes:

lol, I'm not pissed at all.. I just wanted to voice my opinion on the matter being a table builder and contributer to the comunity. Again, I feel there is a better way to set it up so everyone is happy about it.

Can i remove my topic? Or can we please split the donation thing on another topic? I will release wooly this sunday, tell me instructions how to do it to not transform it into a very popular and out of subject one

Hello, I'm not using a ledwiz, anyway the table and backglass (Scarface balls and power B2S/LEDWIZ cab version directb2s 1.0 of luvthatapex) work.

The only thing is not working is the sound of the flippers and the ball. Any change to be made in the script to solve this issue?

Note that in the original version of this table (Salas in VP forums) all sounds work fine (but backglass doesn't work).