Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
bodydump

Pincab World Cup (Williams)(1978)(Bodydump)(1.0)(Fs)

index.php?app=downloads&module=display&section=screenshot&id=2506

File Name: World Cup (Williams)(1978)(Bodydump)(1.0)(FS)

File Submitter: bodydump

File Submitted: 29 Oct 2013

File Category: Recreations

Permission to Mod: Yes

ROM Name: wldcp_l1

VP Version: v9.15

Williams World Cup 1978

Includes Hyperpin media pack and directB2S

Special thanks to:

Eala for his VP8 version which I studied, played and borrowed solenoid/switch info and some scripting from

UncleWilly for his starter table, borrowed objects, and inspiration

JimmyFingers for sounds and sound routines, flipper routines, saucer code, BMPR physics which I've tried to implement as best as I could and for educating me on many things.

Itchigo for asking me to do a redraw of this and then allowing me to hijack the whole thing

Rob046 for some great resource images

Click here to download this file

This post has been promoted to an article

• Upvote 2

Played this table in real decades ago, Tom, and love to play your recreation. Thanks so much.

What sort of issue?  If you're referring to the multiple solenoid firing sounds it may be a rom issue, as I noticed the old version of the table does it as well.

bd,

No, the issue I see is the ball never jumps 8 out 10 times INTO the shooting/launch lane. It's like the gate to the shooting lane is too small (or the ball too big). Once you nudge the table a few times it falls square to the plunger and you can launch it. (using the newest build of VP 9.16)

Also, how do I set this table for 5 balls? I tried to do some homework and look up the manual but the options screen in VP (F6) and the manual don't match up.

Z

Strange.  Never had an issue with the ball coming out using any version of VP up to 680.  And I've played hundreds of games.  So unless it's a problem introduced since rev680, I have no clue.

As far as 5 ball, I haven't messed with that.  It may be something in the very confusing diagnostics menu (pressing 9 and using 7 and 8 to navigate).

Hey Tom, great table!! Love your work. Is it me or is this table a little on the loud side? Is this table using sample sounds? I tried lowering it with the ~ method and the F12 method and neither one works. I've found that other tables that use samples can't be lowered. Just wondering......

Hey Tom, great table!! Love your work. Is it me or is this table a little on the loud side? Is this table using sample sounds? I tried lowering it with the ~ method and the F12 method and neither one works. I've found that other tables that use samples can't be lowered. Just wondering......

Thanks for the compliments.

Yes they are samples.  The sounds seem to be a bit of an issue right now.  Check out THIS thread for a little more info. Hopefully we'll get to the bottom of it. 

great looking table. i can't start the game tho.installed the ROM and everything.