Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
BobAlbright

Potc---Can't Get It To Run

I downloaded the rom (20 something meg!) holy crap!--I extracted it to get potc0600as. Created a folder called potc_600as and changed the bin file name to potc_600as. I'm getting the message about wrong rom file. I successfully got Iron Man working by essentially doing the same procedure. What am I not doing right? Thanks

Do not unzip the rom.  Just change the file name after you download it.

OK--don't know why I unzipped it--guess I was thrown off by the size of the file. I've been around long enough to know that roms don't get unzipped. Konk me on the head will ya!? Thanks

OK--don't know why I unzipped it--guess I was thrown off by the size of the file. I've been around long enough to know that roms don't get unzipped. Konk me on the head will ya!? Thanks

1382907837.gif

• Upvote 2

acdc is 100 megas ;)

I was just about to say... 20mb isn't anything.  Just wait...

Yeah, but the rom contains the music I'd imagine which swells it pretty quick.

I am confused.  When I download potc_600as it indicates it is already a zip file.  I copied it directly to the roms folder and still get line 141 rom not found.  

HOW SHOULD I BE CHANGING THE NAME?  I have 98 tables working and this is kicking my tail.

3 hours ago, Tyboderek said:

I am confused.  When I download potc_600as it indicates it is already a zip file.  I copied it directly to the roms folder and still get line 141 rom not found.  

HOW SHOULD I BE CHANGING THE NAME?  I have 98 tables working and this is kicking my tail.

If you are using the latest SAMbuild beta:

You will need to change the gamename in the script as well.

CarneyPriest

When I unzip the file it contains a file named potc_600as.bin.  Are you saying I need to zip the potc_600as.bin file to become a new potc_600as.zip and place that file in the rom directory.   The script references potc_600as which is the name of the file I downloaded.

So confused.

Well now table and backglass load but tables wont start and exits to editor after abouts 10 seconds. 

Thalamus - thank you so much.  It worked just loading it manually instead of double clicking.  It even worked when I launched it from PinballX.  I would hsve never tried it so thanks sgain for the tip.

I also have a problem with "VP10-Pirates of the Caribbean-1.3"

I get an error on line 141  Controller.GameName="potc_600as"

who can help me?

thx

And the error says what ? Just error line 141 ? Must be something more, isn't it ?

Its the only error "line 141 object vereist"  (this is dutch and means something like: it needs an object)