Sam Dmd Trouble Sos!

dboyrecords

I hate to ask for help, I've tried, but I don't know what else to do!

I've downloaded the latest samvpinmame, renamed existing vpinmame, copy dll to vpinmame folder, run setup, install and test.

Tables play fine but dmd moves back to same spot for every table.

I've uninstalled then reinstalled.

Is there another registry type file I need to delete or something?

When I go back to old cab dll dmds stay in place...

Thanks

( 2 screen setup btw...)

• Content Provider

just tried on my desktop pc and i don't have such problems

the memory of the screen position and size, are in the registry of windows

HKEY Current user - software - freeware - visual pinmame 

if you have a table that has the right position, remove the default entry on the registry and rename the rom with good position to default.

Then the table that you want to try, remove the registry entry and run the table it will be recreated based on the default

worst case, check on the script for this

' DMD position and size, example
.Games(cGameName).Settings.Value("dmd_pos_x")=500
.Games(cGameName).Settings.Value("dmd_pos_y")=2
.Games(cGameName).Settings.Value("dmd_width")=400
.Games(cGameName).Settings.Value("dmd_height")=90

this is what it is taken to define the position, but on my vpinmame dll, i removed the code to catch this from the script, and it's only not working for you, so it is really strange

I'm win 7 so the only way I found to get to hkey was regedit but... the new default idea doesn't fix my problem of them not being moveable (not staying moved to be more accurate). Shouldn't I be able to move the dmd anywhere, hit f3 for restart and it stay in new location?

I did not have 680 build set as admin but that didn't seem to matter. Do I need to stick with 9.15? In regedit/freeware/vpinmame I deleted a coue of the folders with rom names but dmds still jump back. Even the vpinmame display on tables without dmd the extra vpinmame display jumps to that spot.

If I had hair I'd have pulled it all out!

Riddle me this... I delete the reg ind250cc. Open vp/250cc drag pinmame display slighty right of center but off screen/close vp. Open vp/250cc and the display is low mid high and slightly right of center.

So I close re-open vp/250cc drag display from low mid right of center to WAY left of center and below visable area of bg. Close restart and the effing display is low mid WAY left!

Pulling out goatee hair atm... :(

Archived