Stern Roms

Dazz

• Content Provider
5 hours ago, jevansoh said:

I found this tip on a Reddit forum:  "Look for b2s.server and change it to VPinMAME.Controller" ...

That fixes the errors I was getting.  This is such an odd issue I'm going to leave this here in case anyone else experiences it.  I'd love to know what caused it and exactly what this fix does, though.

Thanks,

--J

The table is setup to use the direct2bs backglass - sounds like you dont have that. You basically disabled that function. Most people need the opposite :-)

2 or 3 screen setups.

• 1 year later...

Yes, but it doesn't have the one I'm looking for.  Working on moving an old install from VP9 to VPX tables and was looking for xmn_151h. 

I'll keep checking the Stern site every once in a while.  Thanks for the info.

• 1 year later...

Hey Guys,

I’m having trouble finding the rom (xmn_151h.zip).  If anyone felt inclined to point me in the right direction or share it would be super appreciated!  Thanks in advance!!!

-Update:  For the mean time i changed my table script to run xmn_150h and added that to my ROMs folder...the table now plays.  I'm pretty new to this.  Would this just be missing some newer functionality?  Any issues or advice on that?

4 hours ago, Thalamus said:

You find that rom on sternpinball.com - looks like they use dropbox too as the link to the gamecode for the LE seems to go there https://www.dropbox.com/s/tl5brkomygocfe0/XMEN_LE_english.zip?dl=1

Thank you so much Thalamus!  Very much appreciated!

I was able to download it and change the name of both the rom folder and the .bin file to xmn_151h and then changed the table script back.  It works great!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 2/5/2020 at 11:14 AM, Gwyllion said:

Stern site are hosting some files in .spk format, how we have to act? reame only to .zip with the same name appears in the script? Thanks in anticipating.

they also have the full SD card images as well.

But 8GB - 16GB unziped is CHD range for mame.

• Administrators
On 2/5/2020 at 11:14 AM, Gwyllion said:

Stern site are hosting some files in .spk format, how we have to act? reame only to .zip with the same name appears in the script? Thanks in anticipating.

Those are Spike 1 & Spike 2 images.  These games are not emulated and the code isn't going to do you any good right now and possibly for a really long while.

• 3 months later...

the .spk files are not the full images.

for mame you may want the full SD card images (Not in pinmame / mame any time soon (don't piss stern off people need the files to fix there games if needed))