LA5 is working

LA6 is working

I did try ts_lx6.zip rom

Rom text file:

Bally: The Shadow

Version LX-6
       Date: May 11, 1995
U6:    Checksum: A806 (X - Export)

The export version supersedes all A ROMs.

Changes from revision L-5:

Fixed adjustment A.1 07 Replay Start.  It now correctly adjusts
       in the range 10 million to 900 million.

Version LX-5
       Date: May 1, 1995
U6:    Checksum: A205 (X - Export)

The export version supersedes all A ROMs.

shadow lx6 is already in pinmame as lh6 actually (same checksum), so maybe the readme doesn't match the actual rom..

gnr 3.00 dutch was indeed not in, i added it to the official source, thanks for the hint!

• Content Provider

voila, sometimes it's good to wait until quite some changes are incorporated so i don't need to do 10 releases myself, they are a bit more official here than in vpf, irony? :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 7 months later...
On 10/25/2014 at 5:55 PM, gtxjoe said:

try renaming the .bin file inside of the zip also to im2_183.bin

Thanks for all the input on this, I was having the same problem but finally figured it out. I tried renaming everything to im2_183 as you guys were saying, and it didn't work. Then after going into Vpinmame setup/test I checked the roms it was looking for and it was im_183 (without the 2 after im) and after changing the rom and table script to read im_183 it works! Victory! lol.

• Content Provider

Yep, and I reposted some of those renamed sets where I could. But I don't yet have access to the entire section to update the remaining. Best thing to do is to check a suspect or faulty set with the Setup.exe Test feature, Or you can generate a dat file from the PinMAME executable and use a rom checker like clrmamepro to audit and fix all of your sets in one go. 

One other thing, the rom version that is accessed in the table's script needs to match the file name of the set in order for the table to function.

PLAYERS NOTE:

To align with official VPinMAME set naming from driver.c, the following were renamed:

Iron Man & Iron Man Vault Edition im2 -> im
X-Men xmen -> xmn
The Avengers avg -> avs

• 6 months later...

I've tried everything on this page and have read and re-read and just cannot figure out how to add some Stern tables.

I'm trying to add 24 and AC-DC Luci and get "Game name not found" errors on both.

I renamed the roms and renamed the files inside the zip files to what the script was looking for.

Neither game shows up in setup/test, either, so I don't know why or what to do next.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

--J

• 2 weeks later...

I finally found the latest files thanks to your post and got the original tables working, but now I'm trying to get Tron and X-Men working, as examples.

Here are my latest errors when trying to launch those two tables.

The list of errors are:

- Can not load VpinMame -ActiveX component can't create object.

- VpinMame version 01560000 required

- Sam version 3.1 or higher is required

- Line 48: object required 'controller'

- Line 1322: object required 'controller'

I'd appreciate any further assistance you may be able to offer.

Thanks,

--J

I found this tip on a Reddit forum:  "Look for b2s.server and change it to VPinMAME.Controller" ...

That fixes the errors I was getting.  This is such an odd issue I'm going to leave this here in case anyone else experiences it.  I'd love to know what caused it and exactly what this fix does, though.

Thanks,

--J