Stern Roms

Dazz

• Administrators

Stern ROMs are not hosted on this site.  

ROMs can be downloaded from the Stern Pinball site via their Game Codes Library.

post-2-0-73127800-1382715209_thumb.png

post-2-0-24374600-1382715224_thumb.png

post-2-0-46953400-1382715236_thumb.png

Once downloaded the ROM zip file MUST be renamed to match the name within the VPinMAME DLL.  To find the correct name that VPinMAME is expecting you can do it multiple ways.

Via Table Script in Visual Pinball editor:

1. Open Visual Pinball and then Open the table.

2. Once in the editor click on Edit > Script or by clicking on the Script icon.

3. Press CTRL+F to Search the script for something similar to GameName=

The ROM name that the table is expecting will be in quotes.  For example: "potc_600as"

post-2-0-60240700-1381962585_thumb.png

Via Visual PinMAME:

1. Open VPinMAME Installer 

post-2-0-89658500-1381962965_thumb.png

2. Click on Test

The name of the ROM is located next to the name of the game.  The X next to the ROMname indicates that you have this ROM in your ROMs folder.

post-2-0-87306300-1381963093_thumb.png

Test the ROM to ensure that it's working:

1. Open VPinMAME Installer

2. Click on Test

3. Click on Start - If you have the correct ROM and it is named correctly you should see the DMD window.

post-2-0-18538600-1381963423_thumb.png

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the detailed instructions Dazz, but I've followed this the the letter and still can't load the tables.  ROMs have been renamed to match the name in the script but still getting the error "Game name not found!".

I've also noticed the ROMs in question don't appear in the VPinMame installer list.  How do I get the new ROMs to show in the list so I can click on the TEST button?

Thanks again.

• 1 month later...
  • Administrators

Sounds like you don't have the right VPinMAME.dll.  If you have downloaded the SAM enabled rom for your setup; if you are on Windows 7 you may need to UNBLOCK the dll file.  Right click on the DLL file, then properties, and at the bottom you may see something that says you need to "UNBLOCK" the file.

• 6 months later...

well i have done everything and i see the dmd working,.. but still i get the message gamename blabla ;)

so anybody here knows they answer to help me :D

EDIT: nevermind,.. find the problem...... works fine now

So what was the problem?

• 3 months later...

Stern site has only the latest Roms, scripts are looking for older versions in the couple tables I have tried to get rolling. Anyone have insight on where to pull the matching Roms the scripts are looking for? PM works, and would be greatly appreciated. The Stern tables of course are the ones my boy are primarily interested in playing, 140 other tables to choose from but he wants those, go figure.

• 2 weeks later...

The Iron Man table wants rom im2_160 and the Stern site currently has the 183 version. I downloaded/renamed the zip to im2_183 and tried changing the script to im2_183 but it still fails with "Machine terminated before initialized, check the rom path or rom file." I have many other Stern tables and roms all working fine. I noticed on the Stern site, there's also an Iron Man: Vault Edition...not sure what the difference is but they're both at 183. I'm new to this but have been having great luck so far...just seems like I maybe don't have the correct rom for this table? 

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Iam can't seem to get Tron le to run jam getting an error "machine terminated before initialised, check rom file path or rom file name.

Ian getting the same error with 3 stern tables i have just installed apart from ACDC.

all files are named correctly and i have tried then in a folder named the same at the rom file and in a zip file

any help would be grateful

• 3 months later...

Hi guys and really thanks for your work!

i'm trying to run POTC in VP, ok it works no problem but i have to change vpinmame.dll ... i have to change it everytime i want to play a table is not in one or each library.

is it a way to melt actual library wit sam library to have one single vpinmame.dll libreary?

thanks

• 2 weeks later...