Need Some Fp Help With My Cab

• Content Provider

I have FP setup and working 2 screen. I have Bam. Here's my issues:

Need to remove score displays from playfield.

Backglass appears to take up only half the screen ( looks like it's at 640x480 in the center of the screen with a white bar below it.

In video options it's set to Backbox/full screen ticked/1280x1024/Display 2 I cannot get the bg to stretch in ~ options.

When I start most tables the length is ok, but the width is always too narrow (about 1 inch too narrow on both sides).

Some tables have a "lighting issue" where it's too bright. I enabled "new lighting" in the Ban adjustments it looks much better. Can this be done on a global level? The same goes for the width issue.

Edit: now the backglass isn't showing at all. Use second monitor is checked, along with the correct resolution.

Thanks.

I have FP setup and working 2 screen. I have Bam. Here's my issues:

Need to remove score displays from playfield.

Just drag huds off screen in translite.

Backglass appears to take up only half the screen ( looks like it's at 640x480 in the center of the screen with a white bar below it.

In video options it's set to Backbox/full screen ticked/1280x1024/Display 2 I cannot get the bg to stretch in ~ options.

In BAM you can either by using backbox mode, I use streach, but below mode is scale and translate...

When I start most tables the length is ok, but the width is always too narrow (about 1 inch too narrow on both sides).

Unlike vp, fp defaults to being proper scale. Increase x scale. Depending on table I sometimes adjust angle

Some tables have a "lighting issue" where it's too bright. I enabled "new lighting" in the Ban adjustments it looks much better. Can this be done on a global level? The same goes for the width issue.

Must Enable lights in Bam. Adjusting playfied doesn't change lights position or intensity but it can change appearance. They can be tweeked too.

Edit: now the backglass isn't showing at all. Use second monitor is checked, along with the correct resolution.

Its probably there just way offscreen...

Thanks.

Edit. Looks like I need to learn how to use multiquote!

Here's one thing that will help.

1) Pick a table to configure.

2) Use BAM to stretch the playfield and backglass to how you like it for that table.

3) Make sure you hit the tilda ~ to exit BAM so it will save the settings.

4) Now exit the table and close FP.

5) Go into the BAM folder and there is a subfolder that contains all the configs for every table you have modified.

6) Find the config file that matches the table you just updated.

7) Copy that config file up one level to the BAM directory.

8) Delete default.cfg if it already exists and rename that table's cfg file to default.cfg.

Now when you launch any table in FP using BAM you will automatically get those size adjustments.  It won't be perfect for every table but it will be really close and save you a ton of time.  I find the playfield is usually good for most tables with only a few needing a slight tweak to the X scale.  The backglasses tend to need a little more tweaking from the default you create but for me that is because I stretch the backglass to hide any DMD and speaker grills since I already have a DMD and speakers in my backbox.

Good Luck,

Gil

Here's one thing that will help.

1) Pick a table to configure.

2) Use BAM to stretch the playfield and backglass to how you like it for that table.

3) Make sure you hit the tilda ~ to exit BAM so it will save the settings.

4) Now exit the table and close FP.

5) Go into the BAM folder and there is a subfolder that contains all the configs for every table you have modified.

6) Find the config file that matches the table you just updated.

7) Copy that config file up one level to the BAM directory.

8) Delete default.cfg if it already exists and rename that table's cfg file to default.cfg.

Now when you launch any table in FP using BAM you will automatically get those size adjustments. It won't be perfect for every table but it will be really close and save you a ton of time. I find the playfield is usually good for most tables with only a few needing a slight tweak to the X scale. The backglasses tend to need a little more tweaking from the default you create but for me that is because I stretch the backglass to hide any DMD and speaker grills since I already have a DMD and speakers in my backbox.

Good Luck,

Gil

Already knew this but excellent explanation for those that don't.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk 2

• Content Provider

Thanks! I was in the "those that don't" category.... :)

I use 2 screens, so I guess I'll be doing the "whole" thing.

What about lighting? Some tables look washed out, like they're too bright. Enabling "new lighting" helps.

(By the way I'm new to only FS FP). I've had desktop, but never used it much, that is until I had a cab....

• Content Provider

Got this working!! Two more things:

One, I need to lose the desktop score display.

Two, I have a little microstutter. Not bad, just barely noticeable.

My specs are:
I-5 2400k 3.1, 3.4 turbo (I'll Probably oc again soon I've had it to 4.0 stable).

16b ddr3 1600 Patriot ram

GTX 280 card with latest drivers.

650 watt ps.

post-4-0-96723000-1380824997_thumb.jpg

Yeah I don't remember what settings I ended up with.  I haven't had time to research all the BAM settings but I know enabling some of the lighting and/or rendering options was causing my ball to stutter.

If you need to remove any of the HUD's including score displays just open up the table in FP and on the left select Translite and that's where the HUD's will be.  You can just unlock them and drag them off to the side.

Gil

Archived