Zed Physics Engine

Looking forward to see what you think Scott. IMHO, some of the physics upgrade (pop bumpers) are cool but what is awesome are the flipper physics, there is a net improvement there that brings FP past the "it's still a fun game, I like it " into the "this isn't a bad PINBALL sim at all"

Shadowclassic: works fine with the second monitor if you stick to (if you use a real DMD/LEDWiz) the Macro opengl32, or you can just delete it if your setup has no need for it.  The only negative:  you lose the flashy effects.  IMHO its more important to have these better physics then the flashy effect and IMHO at the moment, I will not compromise my real DMD anyway.  For the flashier effects, BAM can provide some of that too, so not the end of the world.  Some have said it works fine for them with two monitors but at least there's a way to still use the new physics if its problematic for the user.

UncleWilly:  There is a QeffectsGL.ini file which has setting you can adjust.  As well, yep, most tables will need modifications.

OpenGL32 issues:  Just a guess but I figure maybe Zed will contact Macro soon to see if there's a way to combine his opengl stuff with the LEDWiz/Real DMD stuff Macro has built. Hopefully we'll get the kinks worked out.

Oh man, we now have numerous 2.x physics and this one too?? I´m not a big FP user yet but there are some tables on pinsimdb I´m planning to play in the future, but all this different versions with different tables really seems to complicate everything.

Don`t get me wrong... Props to Zed working on this.

• 3 months later...

Archived