[New B2S Alert] Avatar(Stern 2010)

Wildman

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I think I am doing something wrong with this.  My backglass doesn't have any lights/animation.  Its just a static picture that is shown in the hyperpin selection screen when I play.  I have B2S.Server set in the script, and the DMD works fine.  Am I missing something?

I think I am doing something wrong with this.  My backglass doesn't have any lights/animation.  Its just a static picture that is shown in the hyperpin selection screen when I play.  I have B2S.Server set in the script, and the DMD works fine.  Am I missing something?

Do you have Avatar(Stern 2010).directb2s in the same location as your Avatar.vpt file?

Can you right click in the backglass which will show you a B2S server settings screen and make sure everything is set there properly.

The default options all worked fine for me, but don't know enough yet if I can make some changes to get better improvements.

Do you have a B2STableSettings.XML in same location as your table and  .directb2s file?

this is what mine shows for Avatar

<avr_110>
    <HideGrill>2</HideGrill>
    <HideB2SDMD>0</HideB2SDMD>
    <HideDMD>2</HideDMD>
    <LampsSkipFrames>1</LampsSkipFrames>
    <SolenoidsSkipFrames>3</SolenoidsSkipFrames>
    <GIStringsSkipFrames>3</GIStringsSkipFrames>
    <LEDsSkipFrames>0</LEDsSkipFrames>
    <UsedLEDType>0</UsedLEDType>
    <IsGlowBulbOn>0</IsGlowBulbOn>
    <GlowIndex>-1</GlowIndex>
    <StartAsEXE>0</StartAsEXE>
    <Animations />
  </avr_110>

I do have the Avatar(Stern 2010).directb2s file in my tables folder, I can right click and get a settings menu. 

Here is my B2STableSettings.XML:

<avr_110>
    <HideGrill>1</HideGrill>
    <HideDMD>2</HideDMD>
    <StartAsEXE>1</StartAsEXE>
    <Animations />
  </avr_110>

I have plenty of other B2S tables working fine, this one just doesn't seem to do anything.

I also temporarily deleted the backglass image out of my hyperpin folder to see what was happening behind it.  When I load a table the backglass stays black unless I hit the esc key.  Then it loads the correct image, but still no lights or animation.

If I load the table in visual pinball directly I get a black backglass and the esc key doesn't work anymore.  If I right click on the black screen I get the standard windows right click menu, then the backglass image loads after that but still no animation.  Then I have to ctrl-alt-del to close visual pinball because the esc key won't do anything.

Not sure what that means but maybe someone has ran into this before?

• Content Provider

I do have the Avatar(Stern 2010).directb2s file in my tables folder, I can right click and get a settings menu. 

Here is my B2STableSettings.XML:

<avr_110>
    <HideGrill>1</HideGrill>
    <HideDMD>2</HideDMD>
    <StartAsEXE>1</StartAsEXE>
    <Animations />
  </avr_110>

I have plenty of other B2S tables working fine, this one just doesn't seem to do anything.

I also temporarily deleted the backglass image out of my hyperpin folder to see what was happening behind it.  When I load a table the backglass stays black unless I hit the esc key.  Then it loads the correct image, but still no lights or animation.

If I load the table in visual pinball directly I get a black backglass and the esc key doesn't work anymore.  If I right click on the black screen I get the standard windows right click menu, then the backglass image loads after that but still no animation.  Then I have to ctrl-alt-del to close visual pinball because the esc key won't do anything.

Not sure what that means but maybe someone has ran into this before?

Are you using Windows 8? I have it working flne on my Windows 7 machine but Windows 8 seems to be giving me grief.

EDIT: I take it back, it just started working when I went to close the table down after starting it. Not sure what happened.

• 5 years later...

Archived