Stern Sam - Pinmame Source Code

xmassam

• Replies 562
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hurray! ACDC radio mode works! AWESOME! Thank You!

If you want to test it, you need to rename the acdc pro rom to acd_165.bin and the zip to acd_165.zip

Also, you need to enable FREE PLAY in the rom settings and turn on RADIO OPTION 112.

When you use your arrows in radio mode, a different song plays. Very cool.

Also, Avengers is fine. The LOKILOCK needs to be coded differently, it's not a bug.

This version has all SAM games fully working except CsI and Ij4 which have initialization problems.

• Content Provider

Thanks Snotz! :)

Can you still explain, either here or via pm, how I can compile my own and what the def.h file is and where to get it? Or just pop in chat sometime when you got the time. Thanks again.

It should've worked for pindmd2 as well.  I will test and post back.

The code is compiled in for pindmd2:

if((strcmp(devInfo.SerialNumber,"DMD1000")==0) || (strcmp(devInfo.SerialNumber,"DMD1001")==0) || (strcmp(devInfo.SerialNumber,"DMD2000A")==0)){
// assign divice id (incase other ftdi devices are connected)
deviceId=i;
enabled = 1;
}
// pinDMD 2
if(strcmp(devInfo.SerialNumber,"DMD2000A")==0)
pinDMD_Version = 2;
// slow usb
if(strcmp(devInfo.SerialNumber,"DMD1001")==0)
slowUSB = 1;

The def.h can be commented out.  When decompiling, IDA makes a def.h:

/*

This file contains definitions used by the Hex-Rays decompiler output.
   It has type definitions and convenience macros to make the
   output more readable.

Copyright © 2007 Hex-Rays sprl

*/

After cleaning up the code, def.h's type defs arent used any more and standard c/c++ typedefs are used.

• Content Provider

Nothing displays on pindmd screen, Roms load and work fine. Sound and pinmame sreen is visable but doesnt work with pindmd2. Also size of dll is very small. Only 1.5 megs. my pindmd dll that I have with sam support is 5 megs.

• 2 weeks later...

After replacing vpinmame.dll, I got an error saying I need FTD2XX.dll.  I went online & found that DLL & put it in my pinmame directly, & it works, but is there any downside to my doing this?  I only run desktop pinmame.  I have noticed that I don't get that window asking me if I own the rom anymore.  I could care less about that, just want to make sure I'm not running some cab version of pinmame that might hurt my fps or something like that.

This is the cabinet version.  If you are getting a message about FTD2XX.dll, then you are using the pinDMD version of the dll.  That version requires the dll to communicate with the pinDMD.

On other good news, I got the pinDMD2 from russdx and will be fixing the dll later tonight.

This is the cabinet version.  If you are getting a message about FTD2XX.dll, then you are using the pinDMD version of the dll.  That version requires the dll to communicate with the pinDMD.

On other good news, I got the pinDMD2 from russdx and will be fixing the dll later tonight.

Where do I get the normal version?  I think the only version of the SAM dll I found is asking for the FTD2XX.dll

Maybe a dumb question but why do I need this veriosn of Pinmame? Are there any SAM tables?

There are sam tables made, but not yet released. You can get this just to be ready when they do come.

or you can fool around with the roms, like with the ACDC music player,

or you can try and make your own table?

Its that time again.  Updated cabinet dll + source.  Please post bugs (EXCEPT for CSI/IJ4 issues)

Fixed:

Double entry for XMen 1.23 Limited Edition, corrected to 1.24

Flipper Football now displays scaled (256x64 -> 128x32)

*** Scaling effect may look unpleasant to some, but its all that can be done

Added:

Transformers Pro 1.80

Transformers Limited Edition 1.80

Noticed a bug with ACDC Premium/LE (acd_165h.zip).

The DMD video screens play in SLOW motion, while the PRO video screens (acd_165.zip) play normal speed.

The previous Premium/LE (acd_163h.zip) DMD plays normal speed.

Maybe that helps to figure it out.

Thanks! for adding Pindmd2 support. It works:

Hard to tell if 16 shades are actually used......

edit: video removed (because Destruk said "please").   It may indeed be wiser to test and post videos of older SAM tables only

• Administrators

Thanks! for adding Pindmd2 support. It works:

Hard to tell if 16 shades are actually used......

edit: video removed (because Destruk said "please").   It may indeed be wiser to test and post videos of older SAM tables only

lol, seriously?  Destruk has no fucking say so as to what can be posted or not.

By the way...  This is a reminder of how the public sam.c was created in the first place.  Destruk leaked a dll with the SAM emulation.  I was first to reverse engineer that dll and made a sam.c from it and keep it in a closed group.  Someone else apparently did the same thing, except they released it publicly.  Basically... this dll is a work started from Destruk to begin with.  I have attached the original dll created by Destruk that I reverse engineered in the first place (VPinMAME 1.60).

Archived