Stern Sam - Pinmame Source Code

xmassam

the "rule" may or may not have been made up. We can't be sure, so It might be better to err on the side of caution. 

Also, for those thinking of starting a project:  many tables might already exist. I would think that some of you already expanded upon the existing ultrapin tables, and have created your own versions.

• Replies 562
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrators

The rule on VPF is 3 years AFTER the last machine using the current system, at this time the current system is SAM.  I think that on VPU it should be 3 years after the machine has stopped production.  That's plenty of time for backstock to have been sold.

The way I see it; if Stern doesn't want this then they can message me and request that we remove the content.

ok, so SAM games up to and including Big Buck Hunter would be fair game to recreate and discuss on VPU.

That leaves Avatar, Rolling Stones, Transformers, TRON, ACDC, XMEN and Avengers as non-recreatable at the moment.

Thanks for the clarification Dazz.

http://ipdb.org/search.pl?any=STERN+PINBALL&sortby=date&search=Search+Database&searchtype=quick

Now lets get some tables built!

Correct, does that sound reasonable?

If this is the place these tables start appearing then VPU is going to get noticed! Are you ready for hundreds/thousands of new users though?

edit:

and one other thing:  Would be nice to see the 16 shades in action via the Pindmd2, but i guess someone has to convince russdx to include the xmas present in his builds................

edit2:

I have not seen any of this on hyperpin or vpf, do you want to keep it this way? I only see 28 downloads on the .dll so shit has definately not hit the fan yet.

• Content Provider

Yep thats pretty much it.

Fg and shrek need an alpha ramp update and to be adjusted for the nee sized ball feature, as these ones were made a few years ago before the new features were added to vp.

But the others are pretty up to date.

Batmab is a particular favorite of mine

• Content Provider

well scott in the next few weeks when im back at work and in a normal routine we'll start tidy of what we have done already if you are up for it.

I need to change the alpha setup on batman, add a few sounds and a light i missed and its prety much done.

for anyone who is curious on the quality of the works here is a little tease

dk0_9_8wip.jpg

wofwip.jpg

nbawip.jpg

Hi guys.

Those are pretty nice pics.  Just some old info here, probably known by most but the ORIGINAL 3 year rule dated back a long time ago and it had nothing to do with VPF, it was (if my old brain recalls correctly) Steve Ellenoff of Pinmame fame who talked to Gary Stern personally and if I recall from that, came up with the "friendly" 3 year rule. The problem is that rule became null and void with pinmame going open source.  like I said, probably known by many but for those new users, that's the history behind it.

What was actually said between Steve and Gary?  Who knows, but as the posts here do show, we all get its a sensitive issue.

Very nice site Dazz, looks great.

Unfortunately Transformers sound is broken in this version of vpinmame.

Ok, that Batman looks awesome! Gimmie gimmie gimmie gimmie :D

And since the 3 year rule would be null and void with PinMAME being opensource........ How about Transformers ;) It would look awesome on my Optimus-Pin

Is the option for dumpframes still in the source code? If it is could someone compile it with it on for me, would help A LOT!

GLXB

Still after this if anyone can help.

I'm doing a mod of the Iron Man table for FP and this would help A LOT!

Thnx

GLXB

Archived