Stern Sam - Pinmame Source Code

xmassam

• Content Provider

For RGB, take a look at STLE script and you will see that the RGB insert consists of 3 lights R, G and B.  Each RGB light instead of returning 0 or 1, it will return a value of 0 to 255

• Replies 562
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It is the same structure, but instead of just getting a 0 or 1 you get 0-255.    What the 0-255 represents depends on the table.   

Some lights will be a dimmable single-color at 0-255.    Other tables use R,G,B values that get mixed together (white will be 255,255,255).    

The indexes aren't at any specific location, VPinMame doesn't know what color one light is, it is the table's responsibility to mix them.  Load the Star Trek LE table and go to its script, you can find the mapping of light IDs to the specific color mixtures for lamps.   

Star Trek LE is the only one that really uses that method to a crazy extent.  Other tables have more single lamps with just a few mixed ones. 

Ok, I've loaded and looked at the latest LE table script and see the different mappings for RGB. So now I understand how it works, but I'm still having a problem when trying to access this in visual basic 6. I use the latest SAM VPinMame.dll in my program, I'm modifying the existing VPinMAMETest.frm. I can get and find if the lamp is on or off when using the function Controller.Lamp(LampNum), but if I try and use the Controller.LampsState it errors out with 'function or interface marked as restricted' does anyone know how the get the RGB value of lamps using just visual basic 6?

I'm able to extract older B/W games and I've been able to use the data to drive my led display! I'm now stuck on getting this data for multicolor SAM inserts.

Here is TOTAN that I have completed. I'm making these to hang on a wall and using the original attract modes for each machine.

Thanks for your help!

• Content Provider

If you had to make any changes to the source, maybe you'd consider passing that back especially if you were communicating with original table hardware/lamp controllers, etc. There was some recent inclusions in the source to communicate to a Raspberry type minicomputer to replace aging MPU for some very early SS tables (UNIX-based build). Or it would not be out of place I think to have support in VPM for others to do what you are doing with home/office decor. 

What other playfields do you have?

• Content Provider

Gotcha. Nice work.

Have to ask on your playfield collection. Might be some people here who could use a nice flat hi-res image of bare playfields to do virtual recreations. That's essentially what this site is about. I was wondering how many projects you intended on doing.

The next table I'm doing is ac/dc le, but I would also like to do star trek le. I'll post my progress. I used ws2813 leds and matched up the color for each insert via software, which resulted in much more vibrant display. This will also let me do attracts like star trek le. 

Sorry the video is sideways. 

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
On 9/29/2014 at 4:04 PM, SPARKY70 said:

out of curiosity, how many shades are the gottliebs, such as freddy nightmare.

i had noticed long ago that i could barely see the animations

i am not using a real DMD, i have an LCD.

i did notice however, that when i change the DMD to RED (255)(0) (0) that the animations are defined slightly better than the traditional orange.

hope this helps.

Archived