Stern Sam - Pinmame Source Code

xmassam

• Replies 562
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Content Provider

Hmm, sounds like the NBA table, and other previously WIP tables may need to be started up again.  Definitely gonna wait for VP10!  Good to hear that the newer SAM tables are easier to script, though I'm certainly not at fren's table-building level so I'm sure it will pose some challenges for me.  I'm terrible at reading into sarcasm, but I imagine that was...as I found those tables quite fun.

And, bent98's post is quite interesting!!!

• Content Provider

I dont think fg shrek or potc will see the light of day either.

fren you should just pm phil and see if he will let you finish nba up. Between him and i it was mostly done. Although could use some updates.

wof was mostly coded as well. The wheel was a pain in the ass for what we were working with in vp9.02.

Wof is no fun but nba was ok.

I dont mind fg and shrek, but the existing versions phil and i did are horrible by todays standards but ok for back then.

Especially with no sized balls. That mini ball playfield was a pain

• 2 weeks later...
  • Content Provider

weird as i don't have that, will check with toxie as i only add sam support, export the vpm folder registry and reimport after having fixed the showpindmd lines in the imported files is the easiest solution, also check the default that pindmd is not checked

• 2 weeks later...

I'm hoping someone can help me get this running.  I am trying to compile everything from source, I can get the Avengers Pro 1.40 to load and start but it always brings up a  message saying "This machine will not operate in this country Please contact your distributor".  If I download the publicly released vpinmame.dll it works fine.  Just not my compiled version.  From what I can tell the country dip switch is not the problem.  Supposedly the machine tests for a 60hz power input at boot and if it sees something different it can tell it's not in USA and stops play.

I tried with Transformers Pro 1.80 and that one works fine.

Edit: Transformers is doing the same thing

Any ideas?  Anyone care to share their sam.c so I can compare it with mine?  I downloaded mine from eariler in this thread.

• 1 month later...

Star trek 1.61 is a minor bug fix, there will probably be one more minor bug fix version soon.

Star trek 1.6 was a major update, so its great its in the current build.

I have not had the chance to download it for my stern Star Trek Pro. What are your thoughts on it LTA?

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

hey arngrim, great job keepin us up to date!! Thanks.

noticed that the downloads look the same, so no pindmd1/2 version.

I'll ask here again, probably the best spot: does your version work with the latest unit3D beta? if not, is i possible to have two versions of vpinmame running?

don't want to switch all the time...

• Content Provider

Yes all my builds are now pindmd1 and 2, usually the changes are quite limited, hence the same size.

For unity, the problem with unity alpha and vpm 2.6 was unity which was not adapted to latest vpm changes, now they fixed it with their beta, and yes my build should be compatible unless someone show me the contrary, i won't test it myself soon

Archived