Stern Sam - Pinmame Source Code

xmassam

• Replies 562
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hi arngrim, i dont seem to be getting the full 16 shades on my end.

most sam dmd animations are very very dark on my end, and i can barely see the animation, except for the brightest colors.

the only intensity i am able to adjust is the (OFF) percentage.

66% and 33% have no effect when i change the value.

shouldn't i be able to adjust the intensity of all the 16 colors to make all colors visible? or atleast full intensity, plus 15 lower percentages?

also, i am using a lcd screen for my DMD, not a real DMD..

thanks/sparky

below are screenshots of what i see:

animation with multiple shades looks like this

graphic.jpg

full brightness looks good

fullbrightness.jpg

oh, ok,

im guessing that something would have to be put in the code, similar to the way that the option to colorize the 4 different shades was recently added, except, there would have to be 16 different intensities to adjust.

i wish i knew how to do it, i would be working on it today.

what is mjr?

thanks, sparky

ok, got it.. it thought it may have been an abreviation for MAJOR.

mjr is probably the guy that can do it then. his thinking outside the box to get the 4 colors, is terrific.

i bet he could get this figured out, i wonder if he's been tinkering with the SAM colors???

theres got to be a way to control the 16 shades........eventually

i would be willing to help test if need be.

thanks  . sparky

as far as i know all DMDs are remapped to 4 colors (e.g. also Gottlieb,AlvinG), unless you use a PinDMD for output, as this grabs the DMD data separately early-on and converts it on its own.

(but i could be wrong, i fiddled a lot with the source recently but still don't get all parts of it)

out of curiosity, how many shades are the gottliebs, such as freddy nightmare.

i had noticed long ago that i could barely see the animations

i am not using a real DMD, i have an LCD.

i did notice however, that when i change the DMD to RED (255)(0) (0) that the animations are defined slightly better than the traditional orange.

hope this helps.

• 3 weeks later...
arngrim i finally got around to test your build for the pindmd 1 (you quickly compiled a test version out of the latest source from the pindmd 2 version)

but when using that .dll file nothing is happening on my dmd.

can you compile another test version of the latest source for my pindmd 1? thanks :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • Content Provider

The latest 2.02 causes a longer delay sync issue with Spiderman in at least one area.  It was always a little off / not great before but now with the changes, the flasher sequences and music at the end of the game are a lot more out of step.  Tried with 85Vett's 1.01 version and using both 2.6 and 2.61.  Also, the same results on another version I have.

Can't seem to get IJ working. It gives me the looking for balls non startup error it had before. It might be due to me having a problem renaming the bin file. Whenever I rename the rom, the bin inside it will not change. It give me errors saying I can't change it. But CSI and TWD are working good. No changes between 2.02 and 2.03

• Content Provider

More than just the pinmame dll is needed to get IJ to work. It has an 8 ball trough and a 4 ball trough which is new to the cvpmballstack script. gtxjoe got it working using a custom ballstack - it also needs to see 4 balls in the ark to start the game, so before you start it will launch balls from the 8ball trough to the ark. I'm working on it using his script and should be able to do it without the ball launch routine at the beginning. Is there anything you're trying to do specifically? PM me and I'll help you out

Archived