Dof Turning Off Cab Leds

I don't know if this is a bug or something i'm doing wrong. I'm using the old ledset and ledclear files to turn my buttons on for my cabinet. Now they come on fine when I first load Hyperpin. I can play a non DOF table, exit the table, and my cab buttons come back on and work just fine. Now if I play a DOF table and exit the table my buttons come on for a split second and then go right back off. I can play a non DOF table after that and when I exit the non DOF table they will stay on like they should. Seems something in DOF is turning them off. Hopefully this is just something i'm overlooking. 

On the led set vbscript I changed the delay at the top of the script from 10 to 150 and this seems to have fixed the issue. Maybe hyperpin was running the ledset vbscript and then DOF was doing a led clear right after. Now with the delay DOF is doing a ledclear before the ledset script finishes maybe?????

• Content Provider

There is probably a simple explanation.

Visual Pinball seems to be a bit slow releasing resources like COM objects after a table is exited. B2S.Server is a COM object (same as Pinmame). When B2S.Server shuts down it does also finish DOF. When DOF finishes it turns off all outputs.

So if DOF is only shut down after focus is back to Hyperpin it will probably shut down the leds which have already been turned on by Hyperpin.

I have never tested this explicitely, but this will likely not happen if a table uses the controller.Stop command in the Table_Exit sub, since this will finish DOF when the table exits and not only when Visual Pinball is finnaly shut down.

• 1 year later...

Archived