Weird Issues

Itchigo

• Content Provider

You guys know I'm known around these parts for weird stuff, right? I've been having plunger issues more and more. Weird stuff, like the ball kicks out in the lane, and sticks. The plunger goes right through it. Nudge the game, and the ball comes loose and can be shot. Or, the plunger strikes the ball off center making the ball hit the side and not go all the way up. Or, the ball leaves and "image" of itself somewhere, and doesn't go away until the actual ball passes through the ghost image.

I'm not running any special plunger either. Just a woodrail plunger with a leaf switch behind it. If this was one table I'd say they fucked up when they released the table, but not for 8 or 10 tables. Several tables I've had to move the plunger/strengthen the plunger, just to play. I'm sure they weren't released that way. I think most if not all are Db2s tables, but I can't say that all of them are because I don't have a list. Bally Gameshow is for sure, and I'm sure others are.

Anyone seen anything like this?

• Content Provider

Lol WM.

I'm guessing it's a direct B2s thing, that something is being affected but I can't tell for sure. I also have some tables that won't start after booting up. But that may be changing/upgrading the vp.version too. Could even be my graphics card. I'm missing some plastics on some tables that played well before. I'm running 1024 on the max textures.

• Content Provider

Sigmund Freud - This is an obvious ploy to get attention. It stems from a neglected childhood where the person was often ignored. The person makes up strange new issues that are sure to grab the attention of others, and once all the attention has been exhausted, the person usually comes up with a half baked solution of his own. Then he parades around like some kind of genius saying he fixed it. He will then state that he posted his solution on a site of his own in order to draw the unsuspecting interested parties to his site for more attention. Under it all it has to do with hating his parents and having a sexual connection to his mother.

• Content Provider

Umm, no. I really do have this problem. And you guys know so much more than I do, so it's logical I ask for help here. You may want to recheck your meds Rascal.

I've a dozen tables I've had to move the plunger a few spaces because the plunger hits it off center. One table and the author missed something. A dozen and "what's going on, they can't all be screwups". That is, aside from having to "shake" the ball loose in the plungerlane before shooting it.

Can changing the .exe cause things like this?

• Content Provider

Hmm, now I can't recreate it. It was so more frequent before. It had been going on for days before I posted about it. The Bally Gameshow will BARELY shoot the ball out to the top. Right out of the zip that way, just renamed. If no one else had had the same issue, then I'm guessing the problem is on my end. I thought this was a strong computer though. I have reverted back to an older "Daily Build". Maybe that was it. I honestly didn't know if the problem was my system, DB2s, PinballX, or something else.

What was the cause of the "stuck flippers" problem? Could this be along those lines? What was the cure?

The "Ghost Ball" is likely a driver or something on my graphics. But, it seems to only affect my em's to fs, or originals.

Centigrade 37 and Hocus Pocus are old B2s tables. They work under the editor, but crash under Pinball X. I have posted there about that.

Edit: Here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iPspdVUfmAI&feature=youtu.be

post-4-0-10713400-1379535114_thumb.jpg

• Content Provider

I guess I have to explain myself. The Sigmund Freud thing above and especially the last line refered to Freud's Oedipus theory. It was meant to be a funny ha ha. I wasn't saying that you actually had or wanted sex with you mom, Itchy. It was a spoof on Freud and his goofy theories. Freud was a sick sob.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oedipus_complex

• Content Provider

I figured you were trying to be funny, but it kind of pissed me off too.

I know I overpromote at times, but I just want to be successful. This is the only place I can even mention anything. Paul will go into your personal profile and edit things without notice, so how will anyone know about me? I want to be a part of the vp new world order with Dazz. :P

But this was a legitimate problem, even if a unique one.

Archived