Vp Crashing On New Wip

Itchigo

• Content Provider

I have a wip I've been working on for some time. Problem is when I use the newer vp, vp crashes-every time. I have to use like 9.12 or something like that to play it. Using 9.14 and above crashes vp. Why is this? I don't have anything radical in there. I have even saved it in that version, then tried it. Any ideas?

• Content Provider

Stephan, I don't know if this is related, or a new problem. I saw a thread at the "other site" about digitals being segmented and the like. I've been getting some weird stuff too, here and there. This is UW's Space Invaders. The other game is a vp8 I modified to play in vp9 fs. (I couldn't find a vp9 of it, so I modified my vp8). On Barracora, note where player 1's display is, versus where it's supposed to be. Mind you, on that one I could go into the db2s to move the displays around, if I wanted too, and all would be good then.

post-4-0-85493700-1378234260_thumb.png

post-4-0-06163700-1378234285_thumb.png

Itchigo,  I have the same problem with Space Invaders and Barracora. 

I also noticed that the credit/match segments were not on on SI.  I hit F6 to bring up the dips to select them and F6 does not work on this table.

I noticed this on another table I was working with none of the Function keys would work. This may be normal for these tables but until just recently I had never had a table where the F keys didn't work. The F keys work on Barracora though.

I'm running the 644 build.

• Content Provider

Heya guys,

first of all, Itchi, have you seen my answer to your PM from 9-1?

For Space Invaders it looks like you're running a 7-digit backglass and a 6-digit ROM.

Barracora needs a deeper look inside, same as Kiwi's Tri Zone.

• Content Provider

I was going to post back about this, as I came to the same conclusion about the 7 digit rom. I didn't realize it right off, sorry. I remember Space Invaders, and Barracora as both being 6 digit games, and it took playing the cab with the wife to see it.

BTW Tri-Zone works great for me. Beautiful table.

I didn't get a notification, Sorry Stephan. Just saw it now. I'll have to check my settings, as I always got a green "1" and an email notification before. I know what you're saying about loading the controller early, but I've always put it at table_Init (first) with no issues until now. But I'll make those changes, thank you!

Don't know why, but email notification was off. It never used to be. I rechecked it.

Archived