Directoutput Framework Announcement

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Question for those of you who have DOF working. I cant get Scarface to activate the LED's at all. In the tables scripts its looking for the LEDWiz toolbox and ledcontrol.vbs. I thought the whole point to DOF was to not use those legacy options. 

Or am I just not thinking about this right? Do I still need to register the LEDWiz.ocx and all that?

I've got this thing running better then I've ever had it running and would hate to screw it up now just to get one table functioning right. As of right now all I've done with the LEDWiz was installed the drivers in windows. All of the tables that support DOF have been working great until now.

Thanks in advance. 

• Content Provider

toolbox code is still there but it is deactivated in scarface code, you can check in the code, ledwiz = 0 or something

do you have the contactors working at least?

i'll prepare a ledwiz attract mode for scarface, and get rid of the toolbox code in the next version, but i have no problem on my side

Am I correct in assuming that EM games and originals use the file called LEDWIZtoolbox.txt as your config file for the LEDWiz (in other words that file tells the system whats connected to what output)?

I managed to get it working by dropping a few LEDWiz files into my table directory and registering that ocx file but now my LED's flash for what appear to be contactor events (only on Scarface).

Thanks for the help gang!

I've been manually editing my ini file from the get go. It helped me better understand the LEDWiz and how to create events on tables that werent part of the global config file (Centaur for instance). At this point I've got so many tables with LED events going on that were not part of the global config file and I'd hate to overwrite any of that by mistake. 

FWIW, I got it working. LEDWizToolBox.vbs had to be edited to my connections on the LEDWiz. The assumed config had contactors on the LEDWiz outputs where I had LED's. Part of the fun of all this is figuring out WHATS wrong and HOW to fix it.

Now I have to find the music files for the game and decide if I want to keep it in the lineup. I've got small kids in the house and the last thing I need is a pinball machine cussin at them! LOL!   :)

Heres what I had to edit in the LEDWizToolBox.vbs file just so future users have an idea as to what I'm talking about. (Well, I wanted to post an attachment but I cant figure that out) Ugh...

• Content Provider

For information, I made Centaur for DOF

For Ledwiztoolbox.vbs, it is using ledcontrol.vbs, so it has nothing to do with DOF

DOF can replace Ledwiztoolbox and can even do things that toolbox can do, I HIGHLY recommend to not use toolbox anymore once you move from LC to DOF, this can be even dangerous of both framework are ON at the same time

Especially my version of Scarface, it is made for DOF ONLY! ;) (you need to use the DOF ledcontrol.ini files with it)

OK, dumb question and probably answered some where but here goes...

How do we create the .xml file? I see the default file in my plugins/directoutput/config folder but there are no entries in the file pertaining to games. Are we supposed to be able to use the LEDWiz config tool at VPU to generate this file? I change the LEDWiz framework to "direct output" and generated a file but it still creates a LEDWiz.ini file. 

Not sure what I'm doing wrong.

• Content Provider

For the moment I dont recommend digging into xml configs to much.

GlobalConfig is OK, but quite a few other things will change in regards to XML. I'm working on a update which will add a lot of extra functionality to DOF and also some new things regarding XML configs.

For the Global Config file the one which I have posted in another thread is probably a good starting point: http://vpuniverse.com/forums/topic/733-globalconfig-file/

• Content Provider

That is not correct.

If you use several ledwiz units you can work without a global config. Just put additional ledcontrol files into the directory where your first ledcontrolfile resides. These additional files have to be numbered according to the number of the ledwiz (e.g. ledcontrol2.ini for ledwiz nr 2).

You ned a global config file if you want to modify some of the behaviour of DOF, e.g. if the names of the global config files dont match the explained pattern, to turn on the log file, specify paths for table and cabinet configs and so on. For most cases the gloabal config which I hav posted in the support forum will do just fine.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Content Provider

Hello everyone

There are now enough people doing beta testing for DOF. Since I still need to manage the testing, doing bugfixes and further developement, I will not accept any further requests for participation in the beta testing.

If testing progresses as well as it did so far, there will be a first public version in a few weeks.

All the best

Tom

• Content Provider

I was thinking we could take advantages of the xml files, configtool aligned before we go to prod, but this is a big task, no objection to release publically.

Are there functionalities that are not developped yet?

• Content Provider

Before we dig depper into the XML configs, some more work should be done. The ledcontrolconfig to xml config convert is a must (I'm working on that). A editor for cabinet configs would be a good thing to have as well. Then we need a way to edit table configs too. Docu also needs to be updated (Thats also underway). Finnaly all this has to be tested. All these thing will require a fair amount of work and coordination (in particular the table config part).

Therefore I think, it is ok to plan for a first release with the functionallity which is currently available. So the first public release should IMHO include fully working support for ledcontrol/directoutputconfig.ini files, several ledwiz units, pacled64 units and DMX/Artnet. If no further problems are found in these areas, a first release can be published in a few weeks.

Functionwise DOF is quite OK for the first release, so I dont plan for many new things before the first release, apart from a little more clean up work in the object model.

Once the first release is published, I will again start to think about new functionallity. Main topics will likely include support for effects which can control groups of rgb leds resp. addressable led stripes (I have already installed the stripes in my cab, but cant control them yet) and if I'm not to lazy a cabinet config editor and maybe a table config editor as well.

Archived