Directoutput Framework Announcement

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Let me rephrase my last question 

I am almost done with all my wiring, and got to the point to wire the contactors.

Questions

1. Do people still prefer wiring the flipper buttons with optoisolator to the contactors for lag free result, or is this new DOF all i need?

2. Does directframe output also work on future pinball? Or is the ledwiz less laggy on future pinball so no need for the optoisolator setup?

Thanks !

• Content Provider

Let me rephrase my last question 

I am almost done with all my wiring, and got to the point to wire the contactors.

Questions

1. Do people still prefer wiring the flipper buttons with optoisolator to the contactors for lag free result, or is this new DOF all i need?

2. Does directframe output also work on future pinball? Or is the ledwiz less laggy on future pinball so no need for the optoisolator setup?

Thanks !

I can tell you on your first question there is no lag on my end for the flippers. I am not sure is Swisslizard is working on something for Future Pinball.

I can tell you on your first question there is no lag on my end for the flippers. I am not sure is Swisslizard is working on something for Future Pinball.

I think he was asking about the lag that would be between the cabinet button press, the ipac (or other interface) interpretation of the button press then the LEDWiz finally driving the contactor. An opto isolator used on the cabinet switch would drive the contactor and VP at the same time. Even through DoF I'm sure there is a lag in the magnitude of ms or even ns though. 

On the FP tables that I've seen and modified that use the LEDWiz I've seen ZERO lag even under heavy usage.

I'm sorry to say that the newest build did NOT get rid of the random knocker firing on my cab.  Tonight it happened at the very beginning of a game on the new Iron Man.  I launched the ball up top and it hit the pop bumpers and the knocker fired.  This was not because of an extra ball.  I noticed random knocker firing while playing the new Ripley's Night Mod tonight  as well.  This happened while the ball was in the middle of the playfield.  It wasn't because of an extra ball.  It wasn't even because the ball struck an object

had the wife playing a crap load of tables tonight and no strange behavior other than the undercab lights go out for a second and back on during some tables but maybe they are supposed to? other than that everything seems perfect! love this DOF is really an improvement 

• Content Provider

Randr, i have that with my rgb flipper with the green color, but i can't tell if is link to DOF because it is on my second ledwiz and i can't test anywhere else than with dof.

I have unplugged them for the moment but i'm curious to try again with the latest versions

• 4 weeks later...

Hello swisslizard,

I really enjoy your software and take every release of new configs from the configtool.

But I saw at version 1036 : DOF version 1.6

Does this mean you (we) have to upgrade the DirectOutput framework software ?

I've searched for it, but can't find newer software then the 1st release.

I hope that at some point all of my 450 FS (Visual Pinball) tables will be using DOF.

Many thanks for making our lives better ;)

Greetz BlackPredator72

• Content Provider

Hello, no don't worry, 1.6 is about revision of a table, it doesn't require of a new DOF software.

In 1.6 i decrease the intensity and increase the duration of target events to contactors, so we can feel the contactor in a more different way than a bumper to a contactor.

It works good for me and my siemens but if for someone, when you hit some targets and you don't hear your contactors, let le know and i can adjust.

Normally one day we will have global variables for targets or drop targets so anybody will adjust their contactors like they want from the xml configs :)

Archived