A Few Handy Things To Keep In Mind When Building Using Vp9

oooPLAYER1ooo

• Content Provider

ok guys this thread is for table builders

lately i have noticed a few things with the new versions of VP and features it contains. as i confirm most of them i will list them here. if you find any , i welcome you to also list them here.

Im not saying "do it this way" what i am saying is that if you get any of these issues here is the first place i would start.

- Primitives.

if you are having rendering issues with primitives i have found there is an easy way to fix them

they like to de drawn in back and locked. for some reason the primitive works better this way when using them for droptargets especially.

so i recommend all primitives if you have a graphic error with them first thing to do is draw to back and lock

- Bumper caps

with newer builds of vp i have noticed graphic errors when the light on them is activated and they are under a alpha ramp or ramps

the graphic error is like a square object.

after many hours of trying to fix this the solution became simple in the end.

i was sure it had something to do with the draw level but everything checked out fine, it was drawn under the alpha ramp as it should have been.

the answer was to draw each bumper cap to front over all other objects and then it works fine and as it should. 

so in the end i recommend that bumpers be always drawn to front.

keep an eye here i will post some more i have noticed soon once im sure i can confirm the solution. hope this thread helps cure somebody elses headache

oooPLAYER1ooo

Guest fuzzel

- Primitives.

if you are having rendering issues with primitives i have found there is an easy way to fix them

they like to de drawn in back and locked. for some reason the primitive works better this way when using them for droptargets especially.

so i recommend all primitives if you have a graphic error with them first thing to do is draw to back and lock

Is this still valid with the newest revision 640? I guess having problems with the drawing order could be a problem with the old layer handling...with rev 640 the internal handling of layers was changed

Regarding bumper caps: what kind of caps do you mean, caps made with ramps, walls or primitives?

just curious ;)

Archived