Cool Flasher Effect Db2S

Wildman

• Administrators

been messin around alittle bit with flashers..like on a real bg the flashers are so bright and you cant get that effect with the regular

lights in the designer....This is just a test have alot  of things to iron out just givin you guys a sneak peak and wonder what you think

of the effect / look? just rename the file and try it  tell me what ya think...thanks B)  BG= Al's Garage Band(Alvin G 1992)..This is only a test lol...

Garage Band test flasher.rar

image.png

Wildman_flashlight-sample.gif

Great idea!  The BG flashers are in sync with the playfield flashers so it adds to the overall lightshow.  (Kept draining balls trying to check out the new BG flashers)

You could even emulate the row of 5 led flashers that people are putting above the playfield and on top of the back glass by adding row of flashers at the bottom and/or top of the bg.   You could call it LED-wiz emulation mode

Maybe a demo of an AFM B2S with strobe flashers might be in order :)

Very cool!  I think they should be a little more white than blue but maybe that would ruin the effect.  I tried making accurate looking flashers without any luck for Black Hole. Congrats on succeeding in a big way yet again. I'm still all for keeping the BG's as original as possible, or at least having that switch in the menu,  but where BG's used strobes I think this would look awesome!

I took a very slight performance hit, (had to switch from unlimited to 2048 on textures)  but other than that it worked fine on my older/slower PC.

• Content Provider

That's really cool Ken. On a 2 screen cab where the backglass has the DMD like you show in your animation, won't the flares be behind the DMD?

You would want to shorten the star flares up a bit.

Nice idea for sure! :)

you are right Rascal they actually are, just like they appear in the GNR clip above, but when they flash on the AL's Garage BG they appear so bright and are so fast that it just flares and then dies just like a real strobe.   Kinda technically it's wrong but optically it works almost perfect.  As long as they don't flash too often or for too long your eyes should be totally fooled by the effect.  

Archived