To Make Bg Or Not To Make Bg

Wildman

they good or no good  

36 members have voted

1. 1. are the BG good or not?

• ya man they kick ass
    • no they suck ass
  2. 2. should i make more?

I voted for you to make more and to take a fuckin nap. :)

I think it's hard for people to comment when using their cabs, but getting no comments can be frustrating, someday there might just be people asking for help when their cabs aren't working right. :D

Love all the backglasses being made. I typically use them all. If more than one person is making for a table I pick which one looks the best on my cab. Most times it's very difficult to choose.  But I agree, do what make you happy, if you keep making them I will keep downloading them, I'm just dirty that way! ;)

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...

Yours are the best and I only been enjoying these a few days because it's taken me far too long to discover what D2BS is and getting my other display out of the closet.

I appreciate this man very much and always gonna check for updates here.

Cheers!

• 3 years later...

I know this is about virtual pinball. But are any of the bg files clean enough to print full size on a commercial wide format printer?  I downloaded 4 Roses bg because I have a real 4 Roses table with a faded bg with paint loss. Was hoping I could print a new bg image, but can't find a vector file (ie: .ai, .tff, .cdw) or a sufficiently high res photo file.  Any ideas?

I would say - try. I wish pinheads would scan their cabinet parts with a high as possible quality and share with this community. It would help both parties in the long run.  If however the print you make isn't up to snuff, I'm sure a high-res scan and some artistry from this community could get it back to at least a respectable level.

You're not the first and definitely not the last to seek resources at the vpin community.

Thalmus, thanks. After downloading the bg image from this site, opened it in Corel Draw. Being in the sign business, I have some experience manipulating graphics files. But after multiple attempts to trace the .png image, the best I was able to achieve was a slightly cartoonish vector image of the original .png image.  I don't have easy access to a high res scanner, but could take a high res digital picture. The only problem is that my bg is very faded and has some missing paint, so would not be a good piece of art to start.  So was hoping that there was a higher resolution image out there somewhere.   Thanks again for the response.  

Archived