Pin2Dmd Colorprism V4.0 Firmware

lucky1

58 minutes ago, lucky1 said:

What does the problem look like on the real pin ? The only thing i can see is that you used the rectangle draw tool which you should avoid and use the fill tool instead in lcm mode. You should make sure that the free black areas always use color 0 and not some other black of other color groups.  I haven´t tested on hardware so far.

P.S. Just found another issue looking at your screenshots. The "newscene" scene does not have the palette assigned shown on your screenshot (8 ball Window) but the newscene palette. You need to press the pal button after selecting a different palette to assign it to the scene.
Maybe that is already your problem.

i"ll have to set up a camera to show you what the output on the machine looks like.  The free black areas are all rgb 000 I believe (know there are some non-000 colors in the palette where normally black would be but they aren't being used to color anything in the scene).  That's interesting that the rectangle tool should not be used for outlining masks.

I'm confused a bit by your last comment.  The newsScene has palette 20-8 ball Window assigned to it.   The last picture just shows assignment of the hash to the keyframe, so that really isn't looking at the scene.

What might be a good test is if you could create that scene (just delete mine and create a new one from scratch - should only take a couple of minutes) and send the file back to me and I'll try it out on the machine.  That way we would know for sure it wasn't an issue with setup of the LCM if it still doesn't work correctly.

• Content Provider
14 minutes ago, sudsy7 said:

i"ll have to set up a camera to show you what the output on the machine looks like.  The free black areas are all rgb 000 I believe (know there are some non-000 colors in the palette where normally black would be but they aren't being used to color anything in the scene).  That's interesting that the rectangle tool should not be used for outlining masks.

I´m not talking about any RGB values, but color groups. To make sure that the different colormasks don´t interfere with each other you should make sure you use only the first black on the upper right and not any other black of the other 4 color groups.  Look at the picture attached. I changed the black of the 3 color group in the second row to green. Any object appearing in that green area will get that color group assigned to it. 

22 minutes ago, sudsy7 said:

I'm confused a bit by your last comment.  The newsScene has palette 20-8 ball Window assigned to it.   The last picture just shows assignment of the hash to the keyframe, so that really isn't looking at the scene.

If I open the project you send me and select "newscene" from the scene table you will see that palette 30 is used instead of 20 to display that scene. 

black.png

18 minutes ago, lucky1 said:

If I open the project you send me and select "newscene" from the scene table you will see that palette 30 is used instead of 20 to display that scene. 

I don't get it.  When I open it and click on newsScene, this is what I get:

image.thumb.png.1f0534ed84c368ee31a7b46c5189ed5d.png

Yours shows Palette 20 but it doesn't look like palette 20.  If it were palette 30, it would look like this:

image.thumb.png.a18d365ee908d37ac66f9bbde690bf3a.png

What in the world?

19 minutes ago, lucky1 said:

Your project version is newer than the one I have. I don´t have any player 3 score palette

Please test with the updated firmware

That's odd - I somehow must have sent you an older version.  Anyway, not sure how you are able to zero in on problems so quickly, but v 4.04 gives the expected results!  And that is even with rectangular tool masks (haven't had a chance to change the masks with the fill tool yet).  I will keep working on all the permutations for this scene and continue to test it and report any anomalies I find, but it is looking good right now.  Thank you!

• Content Provider
1 hour ago, sudsy7 said:

That's odd - I somehow must have sent you an older version.  Anyway, not sure how you are able to zero in on problems so quickly, but v 4.04 gives the expected results!  And that is even with rectangular tool masks (haven't had a chance to change the masks with the fill tool yet).  I will keep working on all the permutations for this scene and continue to test it and report any anomalies I find, but it is looking good right now.  Thank you!

As long as other objects don´t get into the space where you used the black of other color groups you will not notice any difference, but if they do they will not look like intended.

• Content Provider

Hi! Working on POTC colorization and have situation which i never colorized before. So, in pinball machine have 4 different switches. When ball close one of four switches, it start show animation when next ball come to destroy the wall, doesn't make since if previous animation with previous ball finished or not. I don't know how to colorize it as well, because all frames is unique and not usual. If ball stops hitting switches pinball remember how many balls smashed this wall. If you continue hitting this switches balls continue destroying wall from previous stops and animation with balls same. if switch closed - next ball in animation going, no matter if previous animation is finisned or not. Any ideas how to colorize it? 

test.thumb.gif.a12b6d027069b5f00d4481a69e93e616.gif

• Content Provider
57 minutes ago, vbobrusev said:

Hi! Working on POTC colorization and have situation which i never colorized before. So, in pinball machine have 4 different switches. When ball close one of four switches, it start show animation when next ball come to destroy the wall, doesn't make since if previous animation with previous ball finished or not. I don't know how to colorize it as well, because all frames is unique and not usual. If ball stops hitting switches pinball remember how many balls smashed this wall. If you continue hitting this switches balls continue destroying wall from previous stops and animation with balls same. if switch closed - next ball in animation going, no matter if previous animation is finisned or not. Any ideas how to colorize it? 

test.thumb.gif.a12b6d027069b5f00d4481a69e93e616.gif

Should be possible with ColorMask layered mode. https://pin2dmd.com/chapter-8-advanced-coloring-using-colormask-layered-mode/

23 hours ago, sudsy7 said:

Ok I was messing around with the LCM on my Breakshot, and I cannot seem to get it working correctly.  I'm wondering if it is another Capcom-specific problem or if I am just not doing it right.  Here's what I did:

image.thumb.png.e657d756e6bf9940e16d5e6c8e3ec865.png

This is the first frame of the newScene - it just colors the common area that will be shown each time a ball is scored and assigns it a hash.

image.thumb.png.958b87244a52b5b648f9e56c20c3d2d5.png

The next frame in the newScene is color and hash tag assignment for 10 ball.

image.thumb.png.c3794ebbe92ef8dca6c9d54b2cf6f1f1.png

The next frame in the newScene is color and hash tag assignment for 9 ball.

image.thumb.png.92cf668e54008fdfe0e59117c2c40bdd.png

And here is the keyframe for the newScene.  When I run this on my machine, nothing in the scene is colored correctly - just randomly garbled colors.

the masks you are using to create your key frame are not going to work

this is a capture of the 7 ball rolling out  and a capture of the 5 ball rolling out  and 

if you use any of the current masks the key frame will be the same

1.PNG

2.PNG

• Content Provider
10 hours ago, Pinballuser said:

this is a capture of the 7 ball rolling out  and a capture of the 5 ball rolling out  and 

The keyframe is only used to start the LCM scene which then loads his own masks to detect the position and value of the balls. I see no reason why this should not work.

• Content Provider
55 minutes ago, vbobrusev said:

Yes but wall destroyed depends how many times you hit the switch and animation will start from that place where you finished previously.

Is this animation interrupted by other animations or is it a single animation just with different combinations of destruction of the wall?

WARNING - It appears somebody has hijacked this thread or this site and is changing messages - I'm seeing things that I did not write.  

EDIT:  Everything seems to look normal now.  Just guessing, but I think what may have happened is that the pages in this thread were translated into a different language somehow and then translated back to English, and therefore the words and meaning were a little different than my original.  At least I hope that's what it was!

• Content Provider
10 hours ago, vbobrusev said:

Yes but wall destroyed depends how many times you hit the switch and animation will start from that place where you finished previously.

Since the original animation uses 16 shades / colors maybe it is possible to colorize the wall by just selecting the right palette for the whole area that changes in the middle.

• Content Provider
10 hours ago, lucky1 said:

Is this animation interrupted by other animations or is it a single animation just with different combinations of destruction of the wall?

This animation can stops in that moment when ball on real pinball stops closing switches. and it continues from that point where you stops previously. Ball must be gray and wall must be brown i can't combine this colors in one pallete.

• Content Provider

14 minutes ago, vbobrusev said:

This animation can stops in that moment when ball on real pinball stops closing switches. and it continues from that point where you stops previously. Ball must be gray and wall must be brown i can't combine this colors in one pallete.

Then you have to use Colormask layered. Use the first palette to colorize the background (brown,red etc) and colorize each position of the balls and explosions separately with a higher palette. 

If you look at the tutorial for colormask layered on pin2dmd.com you can compare hills to ship/wall and the car to balls.

• Content Provider

Either

1 hour ago, sprudeldudel said:
  • search for a frame with the players car in the recordings and press CTRL-C
  • create a new frame in the scene with the “Frame +” button
  • press CTRL-R to replace the newly inserted frame with the frame from the clipboard2.

or Use the Add2Scene button

• make sure your scene is named “newScene”. If necessary rename it.
  • search for a frame with the players car in the recordings
  • press the Add2Scene button 
  • the frame should be added to the scene “newScene”

16 hours ago, Pinballuser said:

They do indeed work.  I already reported that 5 posts prior to yours.

The tip by lucky1 for using the fill tool is a good one though - I can see how the rectangle tool could get a person into trouble with the LCM mode.

6 hours ago, sudsy7 said:

They do indeed work.  I already reported that 5 posts prior to yours.

The tip by lucky1 for using the fill tool is a good one though - I can see how the rectangle tool could get a person into trouble with the LCM mode.

I have no doubt that they work 

take a look at this 2 images

Unless their is a PIN2DMD Editor feature I don't know about

the 8 Ball (stripes and solids) game  releases balls at random (based on the target you hit)

The mask over the first ball is going to trigger the same keyframe regardless of what the rest of  ball are

the first ball will have the correct color but the rest of the  balls are not going to have correct colors.

when I said it does not work,  I ment that you cannot trigger a pallet that applies the correct color to each ball.

again  their might be a PIn2DMD editor option  that  accounts for this

as Lucky stated   --> LCM scene which then loads his own masks to detect the position and value of the balls. 

if by position he means that the LCM scene can read the number of the ball and apply  the correct color.  

then this is something I need to learn how to do.

2.PNG

3.PNG

• Content Provider
54 minutes ago, Pinballuser said:

if by position he means that the LCM scene can read the number of the ball and apply  the correct color.

If the mask covers only one ball you will get different hashes for different numbers and you can apply different colormasks which use different colors for that area .

1 hour ago, Pinballuser said:

I have no doubt that they work 

take a look at this 2 images

Unless their is a PIN2DMD Editor feature I don't know about

the 8 Ball (stripes and solids) game  releases balls at random (based on the target you hit)

The mask over the first ball is going to trigger the same keyframe regardless of what the rest of  ball are

the first ball will have the correct color but the rest of the  balls are not going to have correct colors.

You now say you have no doubt that they will work, but before you said the masks I was using to create my key frame are not going to work - do you see how that is a contradiction?  I don't think you fully understand how the the LCM works.  Those frames you show will all have the correct color balls if you use the LCM mode - every single one of them.  BUT, you have to assign a hash for each one of them in all 7 positions - this means you will have 49 frames to cover all the permutations - each one will mask a single ball (that you will color correctly) in a particular position with a set mask for hashing and when the machine detects that hash, the ball will be colored correctly, regardless if there is one, two, three,  or all seven balls in the rack, AND regardless of what order they are in.  Believe me, it works, I just did it.

The only ball that you will have to fudge is the rolling ball because it is not distinctive - it is a generic ball with no number on it - all together there are another 49 unique positions/configurations for it.   That ball you will have to choose a neutral color for - I made mine white/gray.

This is just for the stripes - you will have to do the same for the solids.

• Content Provider

The scene is triggered correctly. The top row is always correct. The Initials display weird with white where there should be none. The score is sometimes white, sometimes red. This photo is the red version.

I am running colorprism 4.04 and using the JAn 17th version of the 64 bit editor. The pin2dmd is an evo, rather new.

Is this intended behaviour or a bug?

Please try v4.05 from github I just uploaded 

• Content Provider

press SHIFT-CTRL-A to reset the selection before step 7

I try to add that to the button function , that the selection gets automatically removed when clicked again.

Will be changed in the next release