Find results in...
lucky1

Pin2Dmd Colorprism V4.0 Firmware

1 hour ago, lucky1 said:

Could not reproduce this. What I did

1.Load a recording
2. check D-Mask
3. define a mask
4. navigate through the recording using arrow buttons or keys.

Hash calculated is always with mask. 

Wow, thank you for fixing this so fast. HEre is a video showing what i mean. the "M0..." is only displayed after unchecking and re-checking the d-mask box.

Hope this helps :) Thanks once again! 

AFAIK the Mx is only there if the current mask and hash is assigned to the current keyframe. So this should be o.k.

10 hours ago, sprudeldudel said:

further bug, probably known: in order to change delay times of frames the number must be committed by RETURN key only. the one on the number-block doesnt work for the commit.

and: needing to activate and deactivate the D-mask setting for the hash to recognize the mask.

new build uploaded with fix for ENTER on numpad and changed logic for Mx tagging of hashes.

Please test

Could it be that you simply have nothing marked with that mask ? I can´t see any red or blue area.

The about box issue seems to be something with your graphic settings. Mine looks like in the attached picture.

Maybe you have the same problem like the user in this post and have to change the Properties of javaw.exe

p2deabout.png

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, lucky1 said:

I can´t see any red or blue area.

this mask sleects a smal fraction in the lower section of the dmd, which is not in the video. definitely something there.

Just now, sprudeldudel said:

this mask sleects a smal fraction in the lower section of the dmd, which is not in the video. definitely something there.

But the frame with the dots has only data in the upper area which means that the mask does not catch any data.

But the frame with the dots has only data in the upper area which means that the mask does not catch any data.

The java thing fixed the scaling. thank you! :)

for the other thing i made another video with the full screen. it shows the issue.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, sprudeldudel said:

The java thing fixed the scaling. thank you! :)

for the other thing i made another video with the full screen. it shows the issue.

I can´t reproduce your video with the latest version. In the latest version th Mx marker is only shown when a keyframe is selected.
BTW. what we are discussing here is not anything functional . The M prefix is just informational and may or may not suit your personal taste, but has nothing to do
with a bug.

I can´t reproduce your video with the latest version. In the latest version th Mx marker is only shown when a keyframe is selected.
BTW. what we are discussing here is not anything functional . The M prefix is just informational and may or may not suit your personal taste, but has nothing to do
with a bug.

OK thank you. In case you need something else tested, let me know. :)

Something that I think would be helpful with 64-colors now, is a set of palette tools (gradient, copy, paste, switch colors) that control 16 colors, instead of just 4 at a time.  It could be, and probably should be, in addition to the tools already there for 4 colors (just put a 4-icon tool set below the existing one).  It would be handy to control the entire 16-color palette, especially for 16 shade games like Stern.

In the first post !!!

On 1/7/2021 at 12:40 PM, lucky1 said:

We now are able to use up to 64 different colors per frame in all devicemodes.

3 hours ago, sudsy7 said:

Something that I think would be helpful with 64-colors now, is a set of palette tools (gradient, copy, paste, switch colors) that control 16 colors, instead of just 4 at a time.  It could be, and probably should be, in addition to the tools already there for 4 colors (just put a 4-icon tool set below the existing one).  It would be handy to control the entire 16-color palette, especially for 16 shade games like Stern.

Added to the latest build

On 1/14/2021 at 5:29 PM, lucky1 said:

In the first post !!!

In that case I must be doing something wrong.  When I open my project, only the top row of colors can be used. the other are greyed out and I cant do anythng with them.

The prooject is an *.xml created for williams getaway with the old version of the editor in 2019 (by Malenko, revised by Slippifishi)), attached for reference.

when i open that it shows me the color section like in the videos above: 16 colors. just now with the new version from 20210114 it has the additional ppainting and gradient tools. the gradient tool also works, but it only will apply the gradient to the top row.

Under "editor Configuration" I have "Colors" set to 64, screenshot attached. Where am I making the mistake?

Capture.PNG

HS2TG.zip

Edited by sprudeldudel
xml file could not be uploaded, had to zip it.

You should be asked if you want to convert the project after restarting the editor and loading the project

1 minute ago, lucky1 said:

You should be asked if you want to convert the project after restarting the editor and loading the project

That is not the case. I open it, it takes its time loading due to the many dumps and scenes it contains and then it is ready to be worked on, just like with the old editor. No prompt for conversion :(

Can I force the conversion manually?

Please try the following.

Go into the config, set to 16 colors and click O.K.
Go into the config, set to 64 colors and click O.K.

Close the editor and restart it.

Load your project

21 hours ago, sprudeldudel said:

That is not the case. I open it, it takes its time loading due to the many dumps and scenes it contains and then it is ready to be worked on, just like with the old editor. No prompt for conversion :(

Can I force the conversion manually?

Also fixed in the latest version

2 hours ago, lucky1 said:

Please try the following.

Go into the config, set to 16 colors and click O.K.
Go into the config, set to 64 colors and click O.K.

Close the editor and restart it.

Load your project

worked !!! :)

thank you !!!

@lucky1: Do you know where there is some documentation on the "replace sequence", "replace mask", "color mask sequence" and "color mask layered" options?

Although I am now quite familiar with the "color mask" and "replace" options, as well as masking, triggering, delays, and palettes - those others I would still like to learn a bit about. my ultimate goal is to color the video mode of getaway and I 'think' i might need some of that to be successful with it.

Also (please don't feel obliged) - what do you think about making the width of the "recordings", "scenes" and "keyframes" lists (screenshot attached) adjustable? In case it is easy to do, it would be quite useful to keep a better overview. if, however, it is already part of what will be done for the folders-feature request on github, never mind :)

image.png.b60b2ad739bd21d54c846ccd9c88899c.png

Getting in to this editor bit by bit, I also really have to say it is quite incredible, what you have created here. Not just figuring out what the device itself needs to do to turn monochrome into color, but also tackling the challenge of an editor that "normal" people can actually use. that is quite an achievement!!

@lucky1: Do you know where there is some documentation on the "replace sequence", "replace mask", "color mask sequence" and "color mask layered" options?

Although I am now quite familiar with the "color mask" and "replace" options, as well as masking, triggering, delays, and palettes - those others I would still like to learn a bit about. my ultimate goal is to color the video mode of getaway and I 'think' i might need some of that to be successful with it.

Look at https://pin2dmd.com/ Chapter 8,9,10

Also (please don't feel obliged) - what do you think about making the width of the "recordings", "scenes" and "keyframes" lists (screenshot attached) adjustable? In case it is easy to do, it would be quite useful to keep a better overview. if, however, it is already part of what will be done for the folders-feature request on github, never mind :)

Sorry I currently don´t have time to add "cosmetic" feature requests. That is why the feature request on github is so old

Getting in to this editor bit by bit, I also really have to say it is quite incredible, what you have created here. Not just figuring out what the device itself needs to do to turn monochrome into color, but also tackling the challenge of an editor that "normal" people can actually use. that is quite an achievement!!

Thanks, but most of the work has been done by @steve45

New version on Google drive which fixes a bug in 16 to 64 color converted projects and then adding newly cut scenes, 

upload new firmware and tools 
V4.02
- better timing accuracy in real pin dumps 
- updated pin2dmd tools (32bit/64bit/OSX)