Sopranos Pup Pack

Conehead

Thanks for your response!

1. I downloaded "The Sopranos (Stern 2005) freneticamnesic 1.0.vpx" and renamed it "The Sopranos.vpx", and put it in the Tables folder.

2. I downloaded "Sopranos, The (Stern 2005).directb2s" and renamed it "The Sopranos.directb2s", and put it in the Tables folder.

3. I downloaded the Sopranos rom files which has 21 different zip files.  I'm unsure which rom file to use so I copied them all into the VPMames directory.

4. I downloaded 3 Sopranos pup packs: sopranosTopper.rar, sopranosTopper3.rar, and sopranosTopperDMD.rar.  According to the instructions, SopranosTopperDMD is for those people who only have a playfield screen and a backglass screen (which is what I have), so I installed this one in the "PuPVideos folder".  However, I'm unsure if I'm supposed to rename it to match the .vpx and .directb2s filename?  I *thought* it's supposed to match the rom name but there are 21 different rom zip files and I'm unsure which one to use.  The rom download link didn't have instructions other than saying "Choose the version you want From drop down or download them all".  I also tried installing the other pup packs just in case, but again, wasn't sure how to name them.

I posted here because it had a forums section, and maybe I was confused.  Apologies if this wasn't kosher as I'm new to the community, and this is all rather confusing.

I DO have a pup pack working for Stranger Things, Medieval Madness, Back to the Future, and Bugs Bunny Birthday Surprise, so I believe I've installed the PinUPSystem correctly.

Thanks if you have any further guidance!

Thanks for the tip, and looking at the "Const cGameName" in the future will help a lot!

1. I renamed the "SopranosTopperDMD" folder in the PuPVideo folder to "sopranos".

2. There was already a "sopranos" rom file, in addition to the other 20 rom files, so I left it as is.

3. I removed the "The Sopranos.directb2s" file out of the Tables directory.

Unfortunately, the pup videos still did not play upon starting the game. 

Do you have any other suggestions?  Perhaps I should try the other two pup packs as well, just in case one of them works.

Update: I did try the other two pup packs but no go. I could try one of the other 20 rom files but that almost seems silly.

I must be missing something simple!

Ok, I'm learning things here.  I read through this to get a basic understanding how pup packs work:

http://www.nailbuster.com/wikipinup/doku.php?id=pup_capture

And nowhere in the Sopranos table script do I see any commands to invoke a pup pack.  There's certainly nothing under the section "Option Explicit".  Just the word "Randomize" is under it.

Perhaps this version of the table itself doesn't support a pup pack?

• 8 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
On 4/20/2021 at 4:15 PM, Migs said:

In case anyone else runs into this issue, I fixed mine by changing the cController const value to 3 (B2S Backglass server) at the top of the script.

what does that mean? explain for novices please. pup pack wont work