South Park V2.0 - Wip - Completed

oooPLAYER1ooo

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Content Provider

well if you cant wait.......

south park is getting a new feature and there will be a few different ways to use it.

basiclly the table has 3 modes. night mode, day mode and dim lit mode. you can either toggle using the "L" key during game or if i get it working right use a real light sensor that is availible off the shelf at any electrical store hooked into an ipac for under $30 so when you turn the lights off in the room the table automaticlly switches to night mode in afternoon its dim mode and in full light its day mode

to my testers, expect a working version very soon.  there may be a small performance hit when using b2s and led wiz as instead of 8 images for gi there is now 24 and uses alot of gfx memory. so i want as much feedback from you guys as i can. and latest vp builds are recomended for this one.

the final version is still a little away as i want to have options to enable and disable these new features and some other things

Some how that didn't help lesson the anticipation at all! LOL. 

Damn, that sounds super cool, especially using a photo cell to sense the ambient room lighting!!! That will just blow arcade guests minds when it changes to match the lighting.

Sounds like I may finally have to upgrade my aging system but what what a awesome new feature!   I'm going to go sit and wait under the tree...

well if you cant wait.......

south park is getting a new feature and there will be a few different ways to use it.

basiclly the table has 3 modes. night mode, day mode and dim lit mode. you can either toggle using the "L" key during game or if i get it working right use a real light sensor that is availible off the shelf at any electrical store hooked into an ipac for under $30 so when you turn the lights off in the room the table automaticlly switches to night mode in afternoon its dim mode and in full light its day mode

to my testers, expect a working version very soon.  there may be a small performance hit when using b2s and led wiz as instead of 8 images for gi there is now 24 and uses alot of gfx memory. so i want as much feedback from you guys as i can. and latest vp builds are recomended for this one.

the final version is still a little away as i want to have options to enable and disable these new features and some other things

sounds awesome, esp. the addition of the inbetween mode sounds great.   I think i will just hook up another button under the cab for this, instead of a light sensor, but it is a super cool idea.  Thanks again for making your spare time our fun time!

We will probably need to build a hood around it to shield it from the transient lighting in the room, much as they do for street lights to keep the car lights from turning them off.  I'm thinking somewhere on top of the head would get it out of most they blinking/flashing in the room.

• 2 weeks later...

Why does a "Testing" section keep getting mentioned?  It doesn't exist on this site.  Tired of searching various forums for things that get mentioned so often you'd think there would be a huge main link on the front page or the Main Forums page for it, but no.

• Administrators

It's a private and dedicated group thats currently invite only. Our testing group is for people that we know have provided valuable feedback on previous projects. This isn't a group for those people that just want to play a table early.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Content Provider

the reason this has been delayed is that i have not had the time to finish it off after adding the adjustable ambiant light routine, it will take about another 12 hrs hard work and i am not looking foward to it at all so i will revert to not using it and use it on another table instead later.

so i will go over an older wip i had and release it as it was. i am just so busy atm i dont have any vp time

sorry for the delay i should have just dropped it months ago. so keep checking back here as it will be released soon.

Archived