Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MydknyteStyrm

Tales From The Crypt colorization (WIP)

Recommended Posts

I see. So I would have 20 single scenes, each one masked, and then 20 keyframes to match. Now the question is, since it’s a dynamic scene with the match numbers, I assume I would have to make the D-Mask set for the static image, (being the word Match) for all 20 frames. That makes sense in my head.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, MydknyteStyrm said:

I assume I would have to make the D-Mask set for the static image, (being the word Match) for all 20 frames. That makes sense in my head.

Not quite sure how you are stating this, but yes you want to mask out the match numbers so that they do not contribute to the hashtag calculation (so no matter what random numbers pop up, the keyframe hashtag will be identical for that particular frame).  Btw, as I stated before, this is probably not the most efficient way to do this (again I suspect the ColorMask Sequence is the way to go), but it does work.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Rockdude233 said:

Not quite sure how you are stating this, but yes you want to mask out the match numbers so that they do not contribute to the hashtag calculation (so no matter what random numbers pop up, the keyframe hashtag will be identical for that particular frame).  Btw, as I stated before, this is probably not the most efficient way to do this (again I suspect the ColorMask Sequence is the way to go), but it does work.

From what I understood he does not have a real dmd which means he can´t use the new coloring modes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, lucky1 said:

From what I understood he does not have a real dmd which means he can´t use the new coloring modes.

Would this be a good example of where to use the Colormask Sequence mode if he did have a real dmd?  I was wondering if you could just give an overview of this mode as well as the Replace Sequence and Replace Masked modes?  I don't think anyone is really utilizing them at this point because of a lack of understanding as to their purpose.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Rockdude233 said:

Would this be a good example of where to use the Colormask Sequence mode if he did have a real dmd?  I was wondering if you could just give an overview of this mode as well as the Replace Sequence and Replace Masked modes?  I don't think anyone is really utilizing them at this point because of a lack of understanding as to their purpose.

I updated the tutorial on pin2dmd.com

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, lucky1 said:

I updated the tutorial on pin2dmd.com

Thanks, Lucky1.  Question - for the Sequence modes - if you use  masks to set the triggering hash on frames, do those masks count toward the 10-mask limit or are those a different type of mask?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The mask is only valid for the specific frame and not a global mask . The spinner to select the mask number is disabled.
btw Global masks are limited to 25 (0-24) and Colormask Layered masks are limited to 10 masks for now.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here's a few more updates. Thanks Rockdude233 and lucky1 for pointing me in the right direction. Multiple scenes and keyframes for dynamic content is the only way it works for an LCD, at least as far as I've discovered. 

still9.jpg

still10.jpg

still11.jpg

still12.jpg

  • Like 7
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow!  Can’t wait to use your art. Looks great  

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here's another update. Starting to make a dent into the amount of scenes in this DMD.

Couple of questions for the hive...

This game has a lot of transitions between score and animations (wipes, fades, pixellate out) effects. I have been setting the keyframe to the scene where it fully appears. The only catch is that there is a blink of a regular pal0 palette on the animation when it transitions in above the score. Is there a way to combat this?

Is there a way to preview my entire txt.gz file using the color palettes and scenes I have already done, so I can get an idea of what scenes I've completed fully and which still need work. The workflow for this program is a little inhibitive to see a completed project.

When choosing colors, if I drag the color picker around instead of just picking, 8 out of 10 times the software crashes. Any fix?

Thanks! 

chainsaw.gif

still13.jpg

still14.jpg

still15.jpg

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, MydknyteStyrm said:

When choosing colors, if I drag the color picker around instead of just picking, 8 out of 10 times the software crashes. Any fix?

Please try to set HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows\GDIProcessHandleQuota to some huge number like 50000 on Windows10

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I also updated the Editor on google drive with a modified colorPicker. Please try if it still crashes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just uploaded a new version with more improvements to avoid the ColorPicker crashes.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks again to everyone for the kind words. This is quite the undertaking for my first colorizing, and I am definitely learning a lot of tricks as I go. Here is a new set of updates, and testing is going well. I'm hoping to have something out there soon for everyone to test. Enjoy!

electricChair.gif

skullCrackin.gif

still21.jpg

still22.jpg

still23.jpg

still24.jpg

still26.jpg

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This looks amazing. Can't wait to try this out. I think this table is very underrated. Super fun table. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just tried this out earlier tonight. Very nice color choices for this. Hope to see more projects from you !

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I used this on my VPIN set up and it is awesome thank you. Would love a copy for my real pin Could you please export a copy for real pins?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@MydknyteStyrm Hi dude ! Congratulations !!!  You did a great work with this colorization !

I started one years ago but I let it fall cause i've got no time for it and colorizing dynamic content is quite a mess for me. I've still got the real pinball at home and I've got PIN2DMD license too, so if you manage to share your work, I can export colorization for real pinball for you.  Should be great for pinball community ;)

Thx by advance !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...