PIN2DMD not displaying the same as a Virtual DMD

Hi, not sure if the PIN2DMD has always been like this or not, can't say I have paid much attention to it as I have mainly played games with colourised DMD's since I installed it.

First video with 4 colours unticked, Virtual DMD plays the colours I am used to seeing when I was using a Virtual DMD only, PIN2DMD plays them badly now it is installed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DCoNSEycxf4

Second video with 4  colours ticked PIN2DMD mimics the Virtual DMD perfectly colour wise. this is what i am expecting to see with the colours off, 1 to 1 colour matching.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dLcrV18Ks-E

Is PIN2DMD supposed to display like this with 4 colour mode off ?

Is it a setting I have wrong ?

Any feedback appreciated.

G

BTW I have a second cable plugged into my backglass monitor from my video card to create a virtual monitor in Windows 10, this allows me to be able to run a virtual DMD for streaming since I can't stream the PIN2DMD. Yes, it is moved off the screen for normal play :)

Yes, mine works fine like that too. My question is when the tick box isn't ticked why aren't the two displays the same.

Also try it on a machine that doesn't have color roms for it, No Fear like my videos, what are you results like ? try take a photo of the skydiving mode, does it look like the thumbnail in my video for no colour ticked, all washed out and barely able to be seen ??

G

• Content Provider

The color information is only sent to the device if the checkbox is checked. If it is not checked no color information is sent which is used for monochrome devices like
pindmd v2 and v1

7 hours ago, lucky1 said:

The color information is only sent to the device if the checkbox is checked. If it is not checked no color information is sent which is used for monochrome devices like
pindmd v2 and v1

So PIND2DMD will never look as good and correct as a Virtual DMD does ? It will always have those hard to see colours in single colour mode ? The video mode in No Fear for example you can't even see the track you are supposed to follow.

I am reading elsewhere I can maybe make a monochrome pin2dmd.pal for use when I don't want to use the 4 colour mode. I would use that whenever there wasn't a full colour conversion for a DMD available like there is for AF, AFM Indy etc.

G

• Content Provider
4 hours ago, GuruChoc said:

So PIND2DMD will never look as good and correct as a Virtual DMD does ? It will always have those hard to see colours in single colour mode ? The video mode in No Fear for example you can't even see the track you are supposed to follow.

I am reading elsewhere I can maybe make a monochrome pin2dmd.pal for use when I don't want to use the 4 colour mode. I would use that whenever there wasn't a full colour conversion for a DMD available like there is for AF, AFM Indy etc.

G

First of all this depends on the dmddevice.dll you use. I can only talk about my dll since it is maintained by me.
If you do not check the Colorize DMD checkbox the colors are computed from the single color set in pinmame.
If you do check the Colorize DMD checkbox and no pin2dmd.pal is present it takes the 4 colors you can set in pinmame.
If you do check the Colorize DMD checkbox and a pin2dmd.pal is present it takes the colors from the pin2dmd.pal or uses the complete colorization
You see there are plenty of options . Now it is up to you to find the one that suits you best.

Lucky1, when I try it using your dll, I get an error message "PIN2DMD not found".  Now, I'm not using a real dmd, just a the computer, or "virtual DMD" is what I guess it is called.   I have all the same settings that work for the freezy dll.  Is your dll used only for real DMDs? 

8 hours ago, lucky1 said:

First of all this depends on the dmddevice.dll you use. I can only talk about my dll since it is maintained by me.
If you do not check the Colorize DMD checkbox the colors are computed from the single color set in pinmame.
If you do check the Colorize DMD checkbox and no pin2dmd.pal is present it takes the 4 colors you can set in pinmame.
If you do check the Colorize DMD checkbox and a pin2dmd.pal is present it takes the colors from the pin2dmd.pal or uses the complete colorization
You see there are plenty of options . Now it is up to you to find the one that suits you best.

I'll give it a whirl and let you know, thanks for the info.

G

Archived