DOF Config - Sainsmart 16 port USB Relay Board

LynnInDenver

I was fiddling with the Config Tool this morning in anticipation of my Amazonian relay order coming in, and noticed that the Sainsmart part of the tool is only set up for an 8-port version. The version I ordered is the Sainsmart 16 port design. Will this work out, and any chance of having all 16 ports available via the tool? I do plan on testing to see if DOF will address the latter 8 ports, but that would be a bit of a pain to reconfigure down the road once I add more than chimes, and I'd hate to have to return and reorder.

Ugh. I went ahead and ordered the 8-port USB board before I saw this. I can probably find another use for the boards elsewhere in the house if nothing else.

I do understand that the Sainsmart boards aren't the best option, although I don't intend to leave the cab on all the time. If it doesn't work out, I'll look at another of the options.

BTW, yes, my "main" board is the KL25Z with Pinscape software, which controls my current 3 LED configuration (Start, EB, Launch). The Sainsmart is only intended to drive a certain number of pure solenoids, currently planned to be Gottlieb chimes and eventually a knocker, and maybe a few other solenoids for basic DOF alongside an eventual SSF system. If I need to do additional LED/feedback driving (like flashers), I'll be adding a more appropriate solution for those like a real LEDwiz.

I'm also using the KL25Z for nudge and plunger support. I just put the plunger gear in a couple of weeks ago so I could get off the mouse-based plunger.

The 8-port USB board should be in tomorrow, so I can see if it works for the chimes setup. Worst case, I'll put these aside for other projects down the road.

Archived