Arduino support for DOF?

mrl72

I currently have an addressable LED strip hooked up to an Arduino Uno attached to my PC. I'd like to use the lights with DOF so that they interact with FX3, VP and FP. Is there a way to do this?

I can't use a Teensy board because the LEDs are APA102s and the Octo board does not support them, so I'm kinda scratching my head how to go about this. Any guidance appreciated!

You could load the DOF source and try to create your own tool to do so. That could be a lot of work but theoretically possible.

You could also add a LAN adapter to your Arduino and use an ARTNET library and write your own firmware to bind Artnet with your led strip. DOF allows to use Artnet, before Teensy code was available I used that for hundreds of leds. Setup was a nightmare, but it worked. 

So it should be possible, but don't underestimate the work. 

16 minutes ago, Westworld said:

You could load the DOF source and try to create your own tool to do so. That could be a lot of work but theoretically possible.

You could also add a LAN adapter to your Arduino and use an ARTNET library and write your own firmware to bind Artnet with your led strip. DOF allows to use Artnet, before Teensy code was available I used that for hundreds of leds. Setup was a nightmare, but it worked. 

So it should be possible, but don't underestimate the work. 

Cool, thank you! I don't mind the work as I'm pretty good with coding. My LEDs are also setup on my RPi3, which uses UDP to receive commands to turn them on/off, set color etc. Sounds like Artnet does something similar over the network? I'll have to poke around with Artnet and see what I can find. Thanks for the tip!

Archived