Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Recommended Posts

PIN2DMD Jurassic Park (DE) release 1.0
 
Happy to present the first release of another monster-project, first time I worked on a Data East table.
Project summary (Thanks to @slippifishi for the summary tool!):
 
Dump files: 48
Palettes used: 135
Triggers: 3269
masks used: 25
working hours: 550+
 
Big thanks as always for the incredible @Wob aka Beau Dwyer for all the effort for testing and video/dump providing. Also thanks to Jochen Nicklas and Sven Breuer for Real pin testing.
 
Known bugs:
 
- Stampede mode not possible to colorize completely, it has far over 1000 frames, 100% dynamic. (I colorized 669 of them to get a basic cover, so the text and score will lose color the more hits you do at once. For the real pin version I had to reduce them to 600 because the pin2dmd storage could not handle it.)
 
- Minor flicker and maybe missing frames, especcially at transitions and maybe at some rare scenes.
 
- Possible flicker at 3+4 multiplayer match win
 
Working with rom version 5.x and 6.00 (recommented)
 
If you would like to say thank you by sending some chocolate, feel invited to use the following link:
For real pin requests, please pm.
 
Get the files here, you will have to rename them to pin2dmd before using:
 
 
 
ENJOY!!!
 
  • Like 6
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

👏👏👏👏👏

You are a hero!

 

Thanks for all your hard work!

Epic!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, NetzZWerg said:
PIN2DMD Jurassic Park (DE) release 1.0
 
Happy to present the first release of another monster-project, first time I worked on a Data East table.
Project summary (Thanks to @slippifishi for the summary tool!):
 
Dump files: 48
Palettes used: 135
Triggers: 3269
masks used: 25
working hours: 550+
 
Big thanks as always for the incredible @Wob aka Beau Dwyer for all the effort for testing and video/dump providing. Also thanks to Jochen Nicklas and Sven Breuer for Real pin testing.
 
Known bugs:
 
- Stampede mode not possible to colorize completely, it has far over 1000 frames, 100% dynamic. (I colorized 669 of them to get a basic cover, so the text and score will lose color the more hits you do at once. For the real pin version I had to reduce them to 600 because the pin2dmd storage could not handle it.)
 
- Minor flicker and maybe missing frames, especcially at transitions and maybe at some rare scenes.
 
- Possible flicker at 3+4 multiplayer match win
 
Working with rom version 5.x and 6.00 (recommented)
 
If you would like to say thank you by sending some chocolate, feel invited to use the following link:
For real pin requests, please pm.
 
Get the files here, you will have to rename them to pin2dmd before using:
 
 
 
ENJOY!!!
 

Awesome work NetzZWerg.   The screenshots look great!   Makes me wish I had a DE JP to try it out on!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks again for your wonderful work.

Chocolate sent

regards

coolball

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well I'm about to download and without loading this up yet. I know this is GOING to be another very creative and colorful take on a DMD game. Thanks again NetzZWerg for pouring in Countless days and hundreds of hours to share with all of us. Cant wait to try this !

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/10/2020 at 12:35 AM, coolball said:

Thanks again for your wonderful work.

Chocolate sent

regards

coolball

Thank you, much appreciated! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Excellent work, as always ...☺️
Donation made.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Moved my PIN2DMD from my Getaway (real pin) to my DE Jurassic Park (real pin), and donated to NetZWerg for colorization files.  I've played several games now (ROM v.6), and I must say that I'm incredibly impressed with his work.  This is an excellent colorization, and superior IMO to the ColorDMD I had in the game before.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Would like to give this a go but I'm using the original jupk_513 rom.

Can I just rename it and put it in my altcolor/jupk_513 folder? 

Or will it not function correctly with that rom? 

Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, gunner said:

Would like to give this a go but I'm using the original jupk_513 rom.

Can I just rename it and put it in my altcolor/jupk_513 folder? 

Or will it not function correctly with that rom? 

Thanks

You only need to rename the files to pin2dmd. Then place them in altcolor/jupk_513 or... /Jupk_600 folder. It should work with both roms. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes rename the 2  files and put them in altcolor/jupk_513 folder

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks guys!

Also I think I need to update my Freezy DMD program.

Can you tell me what one I should be looking for? I think there was one that broke things if I remember correctly. Thanks..

NM looks like version 1.8 is what I want, found it in another thread of yours outhere, thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Me again. I installed Freezy's 1.8 yesterday and I have more colors now but nothing like the pictures in this thread.

Tried the  Monster Bash color files as well with the same result. For instance when the picture of the 4 monster heads comes up I only have a white outline of them.

Anything else I need to do?

IMG_2531.JPG

IMG_2527.JPG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@gunnerdid you rename the files to pin2dmd before as I mentioned before? Does the altcolor folder name match your rom name? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When the table is loaded press F1 and recheck that the 4 color mode and the external dmd checkbox are marked. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry all good now. I didn't move over the .vni file.

I thought that was only needed for a real dmd but I guess not?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 How do I get the files for JP data East and how to I send a donation to him?   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...