Need Help With dmdext for FX3

blackmage

Hi Everyone!  I've followed Terry Red's terrific tutorials and I think I've gotten dmdext to work with visual pinballx, as I can see two virtual dmds when I test vpinmame (plus one on my real dmd), one of which is the nice looking Freezy virtual one.

However I can't seem to get the dmdext.exe test to work.  All files are saved in my vpinmame folder and I run cmd to point to the folder where dmdext.exe is and run "dmdext test". I don't see any dmd image on my screens or my real dmd (I have a pindmdv2) after running the test.  It seems to recognize the command because I don't get a "...isn't a recognized command" message after pressing enter, just nothing else happens in the cmd. I followed Terry's guide which notes to only bring over the x86 files (v1.7.1).  I'm running Windows 7 64bit, and pinballfx3 and steam are 32 bit.

I really want to utilize my real dmd for fx3...I'm hoping you all can help me get over this hurdle!

As far as I can tell I'm running all applicable .exe files as admin and all my .exe, .dll, and .ini files are unblocked.  Before I try command line stuff in pinballx front end I want to run dmdext successfully.

Also, just so I understand, does the PATH environment variable in Freezys instructions refer to making sure you point to the folder in the cmd?  I just can't quite understand what that means.  

Thank you!!!

Archived