Virtual Pinball and PIN2DMD Setup help needed

Newbie here to the Virtual Pinball world and cant wait to have mine up and running.  I have built a PIN2DMD display by following the instructions from pin2dmd.com for my Virtual Pinball Machine that I am building, currently testing on a Windows 10 64 bit machine. The Pin2DMD is built and it is flashed with the latest firmware and activated.  The display powers up and shows the PIN2DMD logo, but I am having a problem with the game displaying on the PIN2DMD screen.

Here is what I have done so far:

I have installed Visual Pinball to C:\Visual Pinball

I have installed "VPinMAME32_Minimal" to C:\Visual Pinball\VPinMame

I have installed "VPinMAME_SAM_NON_PINDMD_PINDMD2_PIN2DMD_2.37 " to C:\Visual Pinball\VPinMame and moved the sam.vb to C:\Visual Pinball\Scripts

I have installed the roms into C:\Visual Pinball\VPinMame\Roms

I have copied the files from C:\Visual Pinball\VPinMame\Pin2DMD_ into the VPinMame Directory root and unblocked the *.dll's if blocked

When I launch the pin2dmd.exe I can change the colors and brightness so I know its communicating with the Pin2DMD display and I can play the games, so that is working.

When I launch setup.exe from C:\Visual Pinball\VPinMame I clicked install.  I then click test, I pick "The X Files 3.03" and in the "Game Options" I pick "Show DMD Window" and "Use PinDMD", click start and it errors and says "PinDMD not Found" the DMD displays on the computer monitor but not the Pin2DMD display.

I have read other posts of people troubleshooting and there should be a check box for "Use External DMD" which I am not seeing in the game options??

Can someone point me in the right direction? What did I miss, what else do I need to do? I know I am missing something and keep going around in circles ending up at the same spot.....

Thank you in advance

• Content Provider

The text "PinDMD not found", does not exist in the latest version of the code. There is only pin2DMD not found in my dmddevice.dll and pinDMD v1,v2,v3 not found in the others. It seems that pinMame is using an old version of the dmddevice.dll. Search your harddrive for other dmddevice.dll and remove them.

Lucky1 I deleted all the dmddevice.dll on the computer that it could find and it still didnt work.  I completely trashed the whole VPinMame folder and started fresh with a new VPinMame install along with the files you provided in the link above, unblocked the .dll's and now it is working!

Thank you for all the help, now I continue on with my build

Archived