SAMBuild3.3 beta thread

CarnyPriest

• Content Provider
14 hours ago, Thalamus said:

Nice. Thank you very much Carny, for this and all the releases you've given us throughout the years. This one was especially wanted in that it solves those ugly distortions and I prefer playing my favorite emulations with colors for the dmd. Merry x-mas !! ❤️

Thanks for your huge support to the community. 

Hope everyone has a safe and happy holiday this year.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Good Day,

New the VP scene and trying to follow Terry's Start here video which points to upgrading the SAM build here.  I've registered to the site but I'm getting a access denied "You don't have access to this file" message and not sure why.

Thanks for the help and info.

Dave

For the latest SAM build - you should register yourself on github. Then get the latest "sc" release from the pinmame project. You will need to have an account to be able to download.

- register

- go here : https://github.com/vpinball/pinmame/actions

- look on the left side, find vpinmame - click it. Now you get a list of the new builds. Go to the top, right now it is 'update for lisy', tomorrow or even later today it may change. Be aware, this is beta, may break, you sometime see the devs go back and fix their code. Commits that says 'doh' is a indication that the previous at least broke something ;)

- Now, download the 32 bit version of the 'sc' release. Right now it is : https://github.com/vpinball/pinmame/suites/5109822504/artifacts/153138525

MAYBE - since you're new to this. Using the regular one-in-all installer is the best solution, then at later date; when you know the procedures better, experiment with upstream releases.

• 2 months later...

It doesn't if you don't have github account - no, read the post !

The link provided actually still works, but, after a while it won't - when X releases/builds have been made. That is when you REALLY need to read what I've said. You will have to follow each step.