A Few Small Hw Upgrades + Success!

Redbeard30

So my current cab setup started w/ an AMD Athlon 2 X2 250 OC'ed to 3.3ghz and a OC'ed GTS250. Performance was decent for the money spent but some tables couldn't use UVP or just were close to unplayable during multiball,  heavy light flashing(T2 Chrome). So recently I acquired an AMD Phenom 2 X2 560 black new for $50 and a GTX560ti for $89.00. I installed the 560 and overclocked the cpu to 3.6 and man what a difference! everything runs 100%! T2 Chrome has no slowdown/stutter even during multiball/payback time! FPS on T2 used to hover in the 400's and drop to 100 or less during payback time, now the FPS hover around 1200 with drops to the mid 900's during paybacktime/multiball! Awesome! FYI-microcenter has Nvidia refurbished gtx560ti's with 1 year warranty for $89.00!

FYI-microcenter has Nvidia refurbished gtx560ti's with 1 year warranty for $89.00!

That is a really good deal! I have a 560 Ti in my cabinet and it's amazing! These are 1GB cards whereas I have a 2GB card, but that shouldn't make much of a difference for VP. If you are in need of a video card, these are totally worth it, especially at that price.

• 5 weeks later...

Archived