update - EVO board help/guidance

dzorbas

I recently received 5 EVO boards from PCBWay along with some LED panels that I purchased from Aliexpress. I have one of the boards set up and am trying to do a quick test to see if it works as expected and to understand all the steps that need to be taken from start to finish to get the panel functional.

At this point, I am connecting the LED displays directly to 5v power from my computer power supply. I have the two panels connected together and plugged into the EVO board. I have also connected the same 5v power to the 12v screw terminal on the EVO board. When I turn on the PC the green EVO power light comes on.

I've installed the DFU software and I've held down the DFU button and done the reset. I've plugged in the USB cable. I start the DFU software but I don't see any available devices. I can select the PIN2DMD.dfu file but when I hit upgrade, I get a message telling me to select a target. I'm not sure what I'm missing, probably something obvious. When I check my USB devices I see an STM32 Bootloader listed.

Have I missed something? Did I skip a step? Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks!

Dino Z.

I've reviewed that thread a dozen times and tried just about everything listed. I have tested with  a couple of different boards on a couple of different computers and the results are exactly the same. The board is definitely being detected when I plug and unplug it as Windows is giving me the usual notifications. I'm assuming that I don't need an SD card for anything as I'm trying to load the firmware using the USB cable. I'm also assuming that I don't need any jumpers on the board to be set.

I have tried to find L1 on the board but I must either be blind or I'm misunderstanding.

I'm running Windows 7 on both machines, I'm using DfusSe Demo v. 3.0.6.

I have attached a number of screen captures in case someone sees something that I've done incorrectly.

Thanks for the help!

i1.png

i2.png

i3.png

i4.png

i5.png

i6.png

• dzorbas changed the title to update - EVO board help/guidance

I've made some progress with this. I plugged in a Windows 10 laptop and followed the same steps and still couldn't get any further. I found a ST YouTube video that mentioned installing the drivers in the C:\Program Files (x86)\STMicroelectronics\Software\DfuSe v3.0.6\Bin\Driver. I picked the appropriate drivers for my laptop and as soon as they installed board showed up as a DFU device. I uploaded the latest firmware as per the instructions and the board appears to be working!

I tried to follow the same process on my Windows 7 machine and set up a second board. It still didn't work.

So for now, I will continue to run the setup on my W10 laptop and will try to figure out why the W7 system doesn't work. Feel free to add to this as I'm hoping this might be useful to someone else down the road.

IMG_20190929_1215266.jpg

Archived