Table crashes after update to color DMD ROM

goodGRIEFF76

So I've setup VP and Pinup Popper and everything is working fine with no issues.  I recently downloaded the color dmd rom for South Park and installed it, and now the table playfield and backglass open for roughly 5 to 10 seconds and then just completely shuts down.  It not only shuts down the table, but it also completely closes the VP editor as well.  I cleared out the nvram file as well as the file in regedit and deleted the entire south part vpx, b2s and rom and downloaded a fresh version and it still just closes itself.

Just seems like there is something stored somewhere and I have no idea how to fix it.  Any help or guidance is greatly appreciated.

Thank you for the quick response.

I do have ddraw set to 0 in the registery and force feedback isn't checked..  I also did another test and not sure how, but trying to install and running that one color dmd rom it has done something to a setting.  All my existing tables work fine, but now if I try to install any new table, that table will open for 5 to 10 seconds and then completely close itself down along with the vp editor.  

Have you tried a non rom table
Do you use freezy by default if that's the case change your defaults to the regular DMD and see what happens
Or if the game runs for a few seconds see if you hit F1 and change it
Maybe something weird happened to your freezy files

I went back and replaced with 1.7 and made the updates for pinup popper again.  This fixed the issue, but now the freezy DMD doesn't fit into the DMD position I've setup in the defaut in the registry.  So instead of displaying on the 3rd monitor it displays over top the playfield.  It's like it doesn't see the width, height, and xy location I setup in the default file in registry.

You have to read the documentation for freezy dmd. You can either use registry, or set a default using the ini and then for a few machines - make exceptions. Like baywatch and others where the "normal" 128x32 isn't a good choice. I'm taking this out of memory, so it is probably wrong. But, you don't want to use "use registry", It is just easier to set it once and then make a few exceptions.

Archived