Very lost with LED strip over ArtNet

elnino

Hi all,  I've recently updated my cab with a new custom controller.  I thought this was the most ideal way to go but perhaps not (I should have done more homework)

I used to have an Arduino W5100 based ArtNet controller running 32, 8 bit PWM outputs for contactors and dumb LEDs.  It worked ok but was a bit unreliable at times.

In wanting to update my cab to smart pixels, I created a new interface with W5500 Ethernet and STM32F103 controller (still artnet based).  The idea was, the first 16 'channels' were digital/analogue and after that, they were WS2811 LEDs.

This all works fine - No issues.  I am controlling all the current toys (including WS2811 'disks')  as expected.  What I want to do now is add some smart LED strips to the sides of the cab.  Looking now, the logical way I should have done this is with a Teensy.  I can still do this but technically I think I can do it with the new/current controller.  I just have no idea on how to set up the cabinet/ini files to map the LED strips, to outputs on the Artnet/LedWizEquivalent.  The first 32 channels (of 512) are taken up with the existing toys - How do I create a config that will map to the remaining outputs to LED strip?

Archived