Adventures of Rocky and Bullwinkle and Friends WiP

• Content Provider

Hi everybody.

As an inexperienced beginner I thought it would be an easy start and started some time ago with the Pin2DMD project "Adventures of Rocky and Bullwinkle and Friends".
I have used the ROM "rab_320", I think that the ROM "rab_130" is nearly the same, maybe it gonna work to.
At the moment I'm desperately looking for the last bugs, maybe one of you likes to help me out.

To my knowledge, I have captured all animations, but unfortunately I am not a good pinball player and therefore I have a little chance to confirm this.
Although there are still about 80 missing puzzle options, but ... well ... as I said, I'm not a good pinball player and it seams for me this progress is enough for me ? 

Because I transfer the project now to the community, I remain with:

1x export for real pinball machines.
1x export for Vpins.
1x whole project.

Permission to process the project: confirmed.
Permission to modify the project: confirmed.
Permission to do whatever U wanna with the project: confirmed.

Have fun and peach out.
Your
X3r2A6

image.gif.3529e6492e3f1bf7dce3c3b99218f782.gif

image.gif.9c901943d90f7611fed060b5ae83225c.gif

image.gif.2508273a1074de98fdf81090cab4459b.gif

Projekt AoRaBaF.zip Real Pin Export.zip VPin Export.zip

• Content Provider

This is AWESOME!!  Been waiting for a long time for someone to take this one on.  Thanks for doing it.  This may be the motivation I need to get down to the cab and call my table done enough!!!!

On 8/14/2019 at 10:48 AM, X3r2A6 said:

To my knowledge, I have captured all animations, but unfortunately I am not a good pinball player and therefore I have a little chance to confirm this.
Although there are still about 80 missing puzzle options, but ... well ... as I said, I'm not a good pinball player and it seams for me this progress is enough for me ?

Very nice work!    Thank you for sharing the project so others can build upon it if needed.

In case you weren't aware, VPX has a ball control option so you can manually move the ball around with the mouse, so you can get to modes without being a good player.      Hit "D" (or esc and enable debug mode) and check the ball control box.   Now you can click on the table to grab the ball and drag it around.     Cheers! 

• Content Provider

Moin together,

thanks for the kind replys.

At the moment, beef279 is testing the project, ever thank you for the already found bugs.
Maybe next week I gonna start to eliminate them.

@DJRobX: Thanks 4 the info, of the ball control. So far, I used the ball rolling script, but unfortunately it always crash down, when the ball is destroyed.

@Pinballuser: Jap, after this page, I have all the scenes. As I said, there are still missed a few Puzzel possibilities, as they are unfortunately selected randomly.

Tanks to you all.
We hear from each other and have a nice weekend.

• 1 month later...

Thanks so much for you work on this colorization project! I am new to Pin2DMD, I got an EVO board, its running the latest activated firmware (v3.05) and have installed it in my physical Rocky game. During boot I can see my CPU ROM is version A1.30, not sure what display version is or how to check it. I have noticed a fair number of scenes where the colorization is either missing in some frames or none existent. I of course am not suggesting that this project is anything less than great, I am just trying to determine if my setup is an issue. For instance nearly all the attract images seem not to be colorized. Not sure if they should be or not. I attempted to download the project file and open it with pin2dmd editor to see what screens have color but it crashes while loading it. I am not sure if I need to upgrade my ROMs/adjust something or if the project is working as intended, does anyone have a know if this is expected behavior? If the project needs more work I am happy to offer a hand. Thank you!

• Content Provider

moin,

I'm afraid that I was wrong and the 1.3 ROM is not compatible, because the attraction mode zenen should all be colorised.
Could you possibly send me one or two pictures, just to be sure?
Unfortunately, I do not know that well, but I guess that an update of the Rome to 3.2 could help, maybe.
On the other hand, you could adjust the project for the 1.3 ROM.

By the way, it's possible that the editor crashed, because the project neet very long time to load, just give it time.
Did you downloaded the files in the Download section? Just to be shure I updated the files in the first treat.

I wish you all the best

Thanks so much for the response. I did get the project to load by using the 32bit version and waiting longer, sorry I should have tried that first.

Yes I downloaded my initial version from the download sections but I just re-downloaded it from this thread in the first post and made this video. Some colorization's work great, others, not at all and in a few cases it goes from being color to monochrome like you see with Dudley Do-Right. The video is of the entire attract sequence from power on . 

• Content Provider

Hey there,

sorry if I ask again, are there non-colored zenes while playing too?
I do not know if that's the version difference, because I can only play with a virtual pinball
machine. I haven't these uncolored frames.

If you can send me a DUMP file, I could include these zenen.
Or you can update your ROM and we will check if these are the version difference.

Just as U like.

Hello again,

I purchased an EPROM burner and UV eraser and updated my physical game from 1.3 . to CPU v3.20 Display v3.00 which is what I understand the project was done for. I also reset the ram just to clear any strange settings. The game is now 100% factory default. Still have the same problems.  I added a video of the attract mode after the update. I guess will try to workout how to make a dump file next.

• Content Provider

Hey there

Thanks for your DUMP.
I inclouded it into the project, but unfortunately I can not test it, please try it out.
Since a lot of frames were different, I assume that there will be more deviations in the game as well. If you can provide me the frames in an dump, I can also incloude them.

Greetings

VPin rab_320 2019 10 31.zip

Real rab_320 2019 10 31.zip

I downloaded the new files to my pin2dmd and its definitely way better. Interestingly the Data East screen in this video shows as not colorized for part of it but was every other time I did the cycle it was colorized. The other few sections not being colorized are consistently not but the total not colorized is greatly reduced from before the update. I will play some and see how that goes.

• 1 year later...
  • 9 months later...
  • Content Provider
4 hours ago, Statictrance said:

Has this project been abandoned?  I just popped one in my game and noticed a lot of the work is really top quality so far, but there are definitely some scene trigger issues and misses where the colorization drops. It'd be a shame to see it left incomplete as it is.

If you are able to hook up your Pin2dmd to your PC and dump the parts with trigger issues , we may be able to get someone to look at it and add in those missing keyframes. Thanks

• 10 months later...
On 9/23/2021 at 3:08 AM, Terranigma said:

If you are able to hook up your Pin2dmd to your PC and dump the parts with trigger issues , we may be able to get someone to look at it and add in those missing keyframes. Thanks

I know its been some time but I have gotten my real RAB pinball out of storage, I actually have 2 of them right now. I am able to take a dump files with an EVO in the pin using either the official 1.3 or later 3.2 firmware as I have a ROM programmer. If someone would like to pick this project back up I would be happy to make a donation for both of my real pins to have color files. They made 5,500 real pins (a decent number) for RaB so I am sure others would be interested in a color files as well. Let me know if your are interested.

I promise I wont thread bump again. I just wanted to throw out one last time that I am all set up with two real RAB pins with evos in them. I am would be happy to support someone in making the colorization work better on real pins like @Terranigma suggested some time ago. I Also happy to make a donation in appreciation of the effort.

• Content Provider
1 hour ago, MCtrickyD said:

I promise I wont thread bump again. I just wanted to throw out one last time that I am all set up with two real RAB pins with evos in them. I am would be happy to support someone in making the colorization work better on real pins like @Terranigma suggested some time ago. I Also happy to make a donation in appreciation of the effort.

Hey MCtrickyD, thanks for the offer. You will be able to help regardless if someone is ready now or in the future. If you could do the following, it would allow for someone to come in and fix up the bugs and then release an updated version for you to try. 

First, to get familiarised with the current file I would download the latest available release for real pin (I have quoted X3r2A6 below with the file you need). If you haven't already, play through a few games and just make some notes of any scenes that are not coloured at all, are coloured sometimes but others not and scenes that are partially coloured but either drop out or are intermittent/glitch. 

Once you have an idea of what works and what doesn't, the next step would be to record a video and also record a dump of the game. Ideally it would be best if you were recording at the exact time you were dumping the game, this will help when crosschecking the scene against the dump file. You can do it whatever way you wish, it may be easiest to just take 1 long recording and dump of a couple of games and start with that. A phone will be good enough for the recording and you will need a USB Mini B to USB cable and a PC or Mac with the Pin2dmd tool to create a dump. The computer does not have to be powerful but it does help if you have a laptop as you can bring it closer to the pinball machine.

This will give us a clear indication of what is working and what isn't. With your dump files we will be able to see the cause (and hopefully fix it).

You don't have to have any knowledge of the editor or colouring games to do this, and it will help to get this project completed.  If you need some help to set it up please let me know and I can guide you through it.

There are a bunch of artists working behind the scenes to enhance and complete many projects, some are released already and some are yet to be released. If there is some availability, then someone may take this on, but uploading the files for everyone can let others have a go at trying to finish this off as well. If there are dumps and recordings available, it makes things a whole lot easier to tackle. This goes for pretty much any game. 

Thanks!

On 10/31/2019 at 9:46 PM, X3r2A6 said: