Who Dunnit (Bally 1995) Color DMD FR

Hello,

Thank you for your interest in this project.
I remain totally stuck on roulette and the choice of the culprits.
I will directly put a new link as soon as I can to share you all my work, which will allow you to colorize the rom in English version and with your skills of being able to have a completely colored rom.
Thank you all.

All files for my works Who Dunnit Color DMD

• Content Provider

After I checked the project, I came to the conclusion that it won't make much sense for me to transfer it to english, since too much text scenes on this table, but I will try to help you with the roulette scene without touching your existing scenes or colors. But since I am really busy it will take some time. If someone else would like to take over to do more, please let me know. 

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you for your new eye on this project. I think it must be one of the most comical roms to color because of these alternative scenes. If you have a solution for roulette it will help me, and surely help me find a solution for the scene on the choice of characters. Thank you

• Content Provider

I checked the roulette scene and found 3 possibilities to solve it.

1. Do a palette switch at the first frame of the roulette animation. The palette will be active as long as a next keyframe interrupts it. This will limit the colors but you only need one keyframe:

639949595_palswitch.thumb.gif.e35ec0cdc3d8727b71e265de98c52f33.gif

2. Use a one frame color mask to add one more color for example like this (possible with 8 keyframes in that case):

422932789_1framecolormask.thumb.gif.d05ff8b7a13f2625bd098478648666f9.gif

3. Colorize all single frames (in this case around 400 frames) and trigger the animation as a replacement scene. You will need 3 keyframes, the first for the roulette ini animation that is always the same, the 2nd and 3rd for the red and black win. To make it work well on real pins you would maybe need to cut and trigger all 400 single frames, as they will run out of sync due to the rom timing differences. This method will give you the most possibilities to colorize, but is a massive bunch of work:

replacement.thumb.gif.8ed4175795567b85a915d568692104da.gif

I uploaded 3 edited project files for you called replacement, mask and pal switch.

You will be able to check the differences to decide how to move on.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1vXKh98dlqqxaTJcQJYThQ2OPd767o089

Hope that helps. I had no time to check the character choice problem yet.

• 1 month later...

Salut NetzZWerg, Merci beaucoup d'avoir regardé le problème. Je vais essayé de regarder comment faire avec tes conseils, longtemps que je n'ai pas utiliser pin2editor.

La solution 3 et la solution que je vais essayer d'appliquer et que j'avais pensé à l'époque. Mais le problème c'est pour trouver les 3 images clés. Pour les trouver j'utilisais une palette de couleur différente sur chaque image clé pour voir le résultat. La première image clé s'affichait correctement au début de l'animation 1 fois sur 5 et disparaissait en cours d'animation. Et je n'ai jamais réussi à déterminé les 2 autres images clé pour la bille sur noir ou rouge. J'avais aussi essayé de colorisé image par image pour la bille sur noir se qui marchais pour les animation qui tombais sur noir mais aussi sur rouge. Je me demandait aussi si il n'y avait pas une 4ème possibilité, coloriser image par image une scène avec la bille noir et une scène avec la bille rouge, sois 800 images... Enfin, longtemps que j'avais fait ces tests alors du coup je ne sais plus ou j'en étais à la fin de tout ces tests non concluant.

Google traduc :

Hi NetzZWerg, Thank you very much for watching the problem. I will try to look at how to do with your advice, long time I did not use pin2editor.

Solution 3 and the solution I will try to apply and that I thought at the time. But the problem is to find the 3 keyframes. To find them I used a 
different color palette on each keyframe to see the result. The first keyframe was displayed correctly at the beginning of the animation 1 time out 
of 5 and disappeared during animation. And I have never managed to determine the other 2 key images for the ball on black or red. I had also tried 
to colorize image by image for the ball on black which walked for the animation which fell on black but also on red. I also wondered if there was not 
a 4th possibility, colorize a picture by image a scene with the black ball and a scene with the red ball, be 800 images ... Finally, long as I had done
 these tests then so I do not know where I was at the end of all these inconclusive tests.

• 2 months later...

Update of Who Dunnit rom in FR (31/12/2019)

Thank you netzZWerg for your help, thanks to you, I have advanced on the project.

The roulette wheel is colored and works quite well (colored with method 3).

I managed to do the game with the choice of suspect characters (very large part of the project). And in addition it works! So game over!

I colored the characters questioned! some bug from time to time.

So new version of colored rom, to download it, use the link at the top of the page on my first topic.

MAJ de la rom Who Dunnit en FR (31/12/2019)

Merci netzZWerg pour ton aide, grâce à toi, j'ai avancé sur le projet. La roulette est colorisé et marche plutôt bien (colorié avec la méthode 3).

J'ai réussi à faire la partie avec le choix des personnage suspects (très grosse partie du projet). Et en plus ça marche ! Donc partie finie !

J'ai colorié les personnages interrogé ! quelques bug de temps en temps.

Donc nouvelle version de rom colorié, pour la télécharger, utiliser le lien en haut de page sur mon premier topic.

• 5 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 11 months later...

Hello,

I come back to my colored Who Dunnit rom in FR version.

My rom works fine on my desktop PC with 1 monitor. In the pincab it crashes ...

I tried to do an export of my work on the latest version of "pin2dmd editor". When making a new backup of my project, "pin2dmd editor" asks to convert it. (which is very good). But after testing the new files created on the pincab I still have the VPX crash problem.

I do not understand why on my workstation with 1 monitor I have no problem and that on the pincab vpx crash.

I resume my investigations to try to make this colored rom again available.

(Thanks Google Traduction)

• 10 months later...