• 1 month later...

On 9/5/2019 at 4:32 PM, lucky1 said:

V3.04

- add Inder / SPinball as devicemode and to autodetection
- fix problems with some SD cards
- fix activation problem from SD
- fix display after boot.fsq playback
- fix switch of devicemodes from tool

Hello, it's my first installation of a pin2dmd kit.

On a real pinball with a nucleo v4 I have the platform system frozen on screen during boot sequence.

But i can reset and go to config and it seem ok. I make a video to show my issue (no ribbon cable on this video but i do an other test with micro sd key registration and ribbon cable plugged. With the same display on screen) :

There is an older firmware to test?

Thanks

• Content Provider

Did you solder the shield yourself ?

Go into the onscreen menu

. initiate a reset config.
- if not already done by reset config, set the RGQ sequence that the second to left color is red and the second to right is yellow
- save this config.

In virtual pinball mode the device mode should be autodetected.
Check the orientation of the ribbon cable.

If it still does not work you most likely have a problem on the shield.
Maybe wrong resistor array type. It needs to be of type isolated and NOT bussed.

Hello Lucky1 and thanks.

It was the config I had done a reset config in menu and choose virtual pinball as default.  It's working fine .  ?

But i have a new problem : when i start pinball , after 3 minutes, i see that the display say "not activated" with the serial number. If i do a reset of nucleo it work great during 3 minutes chrono and after we have the same message.  (like a shareware demo with time limit)

So it could be a key file problem on my microSD ? I will try this option tomorrow.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I've just upgraded from 2.65 to 3.05 on my v3 shield and it works fine using the lucky dll (didnt try freezy).

I did notice a few wrinkles though that may need ironing out..

• Pin2dmd.exe no longer appears to supports command line args.  Consequently I've had too keep an old v2 pin2dmd.exe around so i can invoke the reset via command line (i use this on pc startup).
  • Adjusting the brightness slider is very slow for the display to reflect the change. It does eventually work, but often requires a few attempts.  Didnt have this problem with v2.

Keep up the awesome work!

• Content Provider
1 hour ago, stoj said:

I've just upgraded from 2.65 to 3.05 on my v3 shield and it works fine using the lucky dll (didnt try freezy).

I did notice a few wrinkles though that may need ironing out..

• Pin2dmd.exe no longer appears to supports command line args.  Consequently I've had too keep an old v2 pin2dmd.exe around so i can invoke the reset via command line (i use this on pc startup).
  • Adjusting the brightness slider is very slow for the display to reflect the change. It does eventually work, but often requires a few attempts.  Didnt have this problem with v2.

Keep up the awesome work!

If you need commandline arguments use the 32bit V3 pin2dmd.exe which is more or less like the V2.x version. Commandline arguments are only needed by VP cabinet users.

I will have a look at the brightness slider.

5 hours ago, lucky1 said:

If you need commandline arguments use the 32bit V3 pin2dmd.exe which is more or less like the V2.x version. Commandline arguments are only needed by VP cabinet users.

I will have a look at the brightness slider.

Thanks, the 32bit version  commandline works correctly.  I mistakenly thought x86 and x64 were the same app just compiled for different architectures.

Regarding the slider, I took a closer look..

• Drag is working fine.  Although it's sluggish compared to x86.  No big deal, but figured you might find this interesting.. perhaps it's processing too many drag events and sending then all to the board?
  • Clicking the scrollbar is failing.  Presumably because the page down/up events haven't been registered.

I'd send you a MR but couldn't find the source in the repo?

• Content Provider
1 hour ago, stoj said:

Thanks, the 32bit version  commandline works correctly.  I mistakenly thought x86 and x64 were the same app just compiled for different architectures.

No, the 32bit version is based on Visual C++ . The Win64 and OSX version is based on wxwidgets. The main reason for these versions was the OSX port, to be able to record a dump on a Mac. Dump performance on a Mac is much better than on Windows and the timing is more precise than on pinmame dumps.

I see some people are able to run 3.05 with freezy.. (1.73?)  but what is STM discovery?  I am using windows drivers, not the libusbk ones.

If I use the Freezy .dll it gives me an error about PinDMD v2 cannot be found... even though it is set to false in the .ini file.

So i seem to only be able to use Lucky's ATM.

• Content Provider
On 12/30/2019 at 10:37 PM, baselope said:

I see some people are able to run 3.05 with freezy.. (1.73?)  but what is STM discovery?  I am using windows drivers, not the libusbk ones.

If I use the Freezy .dll it gives me an error about PinDMD v2 cannot be found... even though it is set to false in the .ini file.

So i seem to only be able to use Lucky's ATM.

Please open a new thread for your specific problem.

• Content Provider

New version

V3.05

- add usb raw transfer directly intp displaybuffer for better speed with P-ROC and MPF
- show activation status in onscreen menu

V3.06

- add Sleic / Petaco to devicemode and autodetection
- add DE128x16 mode for TMNT and CP to autodetection
- change timing of autodetection

• Content Provider

I just uploaded v3.10 with the following changes
- fix pin2dmd editor upload function 
- remove color correction for preset palettes 
- add bulk update function if "pin2dmd.bulk" file is present on SD

• Content Provider
Just now, dzorbas said:

Curious what the bulk update function can be used for. Is there more information somewhere?

Thanks!

The bulk update function simply keeps the pin2dmd.upd file available on the SD for the next update.
If you have multiple pin2dmd installations (like me) with the same hardware (evo, nucleo, discovery) you just
need one sd to update all of them. Just place the sd with the pin2dmd.bulk file and the pin2dmd.upd file
on it, in the device, reset it and after a successful update remove the SD and put it into the next device. 

• Content Provider

new Version v3.11
- fix first frame for ColorMask layered mode
- fix detection of unmasked frames in ColorMask layered mode
- allow Event with same hash as colorizations
- fix bug in event handling

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/28/2020 at 3:53 PM, lucky1 said:

The bulk update function simply keeps the pin2dmd.upd file available on the SD for the next update.
If you have multiple pin2dmd installations (like me) with the same hardware (evo, nucleo, discovery) you just
need one sd to update all of them. Just place the sd with the pin2dmd.bulk file and the pin2dmd.upd file
on it, in the device, reset it and after a successful update remove the SD and put it into the next device. 

Nice bulk feature Lucky1... would have been nice in January ;). 

On a similar "bullk" idea - a suggestion to help streamline bulk activation,  Could it be possible to have the firmware create a file (e.g. pin2dmd.ser), or append to the file if it already exists,  the PIN2DMD board serial number?  Then we can copy/paste the file contents as  a list of all boards needing activation.  This should remove any human error copying serial numbers from screen to activation request. 

Also - anyway to activate in bulk without connecting a USB would be very helpful.  

My thought process is to have a SD card with all received activation data for every serial number provided onto a single SD card.  After the SD is inserted into any unactivated PIN2DMD board - the firmware scans for the required activation data and activates if found.   

This would help simplify for those using with many real pins, who are not that tech savvy. 

I continue to appreciate all of your work and efforts.

Hope you're well and safe.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Content Provider

new version v3.12

- change behaviour of "Replace Masked" mode like suggested by DJRobX
- don´t retrigger ColorMask layered scene if scene is already loaded
- create dummy file with serial on SD if no valid activation key is found
- add USB raw transfer in WPC devicemode (PIN2RPI support)

Archived